Used 2005 Kia Sedona LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

She's My Work Horse
By yankeegirl89

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Van Currently has 123,000+ miles on it and counting, we've used it to haul all my kids to their games and meets, move their stuff to their college dorms and apartments. We have moved furniture, appliances, taken trips, been all over in it, she's been old reliable. Haven't had any problems with this van, I would buy another one were it not for the fact that in another year I wont need to be moving anymore kids and I can downsize again finally.

Never again
By kitcar04

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought brand new didn't matter the problems began at the very start with brake problems and went on from there...Problems made worst by the worst customer service I've ever experienced. With thousands of dollars spent and car still stalling we were done. You want a reliable car get a Honda. That's what we drive. Excellent customer service every time.

Good van
By busmunoz

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the van used in 2009, and other than the required maintenance I never had to fix a thing. I love this van. I put about 75,000 miles on it and it is more reliable than any new car I ever bought.

Love this van!!
By josephina1000

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van brand new back in January 2005. We had it for 6 whole years now. Never had 1 problems w/ it. We drove it all the way from Calif to Florida and back. Dragged a tent trailer and regular trailer w/ it quite often. It has totally held up really well. We maintained it and took care of it. It was the best van we ever had. We are now looking into trading it in for a newer model. We highly recommend this mini van.

Pretty good mini van
By durangomom

2005 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van used with 12,000 miles on it, it has been a good car for us, I was very hard on the rotors, and the brakes, we had to travel down a step hill often, so the rotors wore out pretty fast, that was about 2 years, after we bought it, also around the same time, the adjusting part of the p seat went out, and we had it replaced, its a good a car, and it can take hit in the back, it was in a pretty hard finder binder, and hardly crunched up at all. I do recommend this car, for the price it's perfect, and I think it is pretty fast, i don't know what some of the poster are talking about, mini vans are meant for large families, they shouldn't be like sports cars, they should be safe for kids.

lots of cup holders, and storage areas, it's fast enough for a mini vav 6v is all you need. lots of safety features, kid friendly, adapter plug ins in the front and back of the car.

the only things that did bother me were, the pathway to the back seat is very very tight. my 5 year son can barely squeeze through the tight space, the trunk area, could be a little bigger, when I went shopping I had to fold the 3d row seats down.