Kia driven for 133,000
By russ75 on
2004 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my Kia new in 2004 and have riven it for over 133,000 miles. Overall the car has performed well without unreasonable mechanical problems; except, the lines for the rear heater have rusted out twice. The first time I paid over $600 to replace them and Kia just said, "Gee, I am sorry to hear you had that problem." Reviews that criticize Kia for not doing something better for their customers are correct. Also the rear window defrost has failed. I have not experienced any problem with rust on my Kia and I live in Michigan. As my car has aged, in the recent months it has experienced a series of problems; for which I am considering replacing it. Everything gets old eventually.
Favorite Features
The four back seats are removable; which creates a lot of room for hauling things. I like the general lay out of the interior and the way space is used in the van. The feature for being able to program in the automatic garage door is good. Sunroof.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the lines going to the back heater. Also the lettering on many of the buttons (cruise, AC, Heater) have worn off. This should not happen. (cheap I guess) Almost forgot --the radio/cd has a tendency to jam and completely quit working. Fortunately Kia supplied us with a yellow tab for pulling the fuse under the hood which fixes the problem. (Obviously they knew it was a problem and they chose the work around rather then to fix it.) Better radio/ CD