Please stay away! I beg you
By monkey on
2003 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
This has to have been the worst vehicle i have bought. Purchased 4/2/2010 with 52,000 miles. 40 days later I'm walking to work because engine blew and dealer wont fix it they blame me for changing the spark plugs. Before that in 3 weeks time it was in the shop 4 times first hub bearing went bad, then ac went out, then the van would just stall for no reason. They find nothing wrong. For people having this problem clean out the mass air flow sensor i found that out myself. Then a week later at 53,000 miles engine started knocking and smoking towed to the dealer and was told need new engine. Just the name KIA has lemon written all over it.Avoid the stress and steer clear. Very bad gas mileage.
Favorite Features
Very stylish and comfortable and awesome sound system. Fast for a minivan (when running of course).
Suggested Improvements
Start from scratch kia. This is a FAMILY VEHICLE its suppose to be reliable. If you ask me its unsafe for a family. Make engines that last longer and more fuel efficient. Make these vehicles with families in mind not just dollar signs. Make durable parts
By silver52
on 07/07/11 23:36 PM (PDT)

I got to say. I have been reading these post on the 2003 Sedona and I have to put in my 2 cents worth.. I too, bought my 2003 Ex in August of 2003. For the most part of it I have loved the vehicle. Yess the gas is not the best, but compared to my Fords that I have owned during the same timeframe, it has given me the least amount of trouble. I have had to have the back door handles on the outside replace because they broke. The brakes wear out every 25 to 30 thousand miles, until I had a complete brake job done and they have lasted 40,000 miles this time. The bearings on the front went out at 94,000, but they were covered under the warranty. No cost to me for a 700.00 job. The ride is fairly comfortable for me and my family. I now have well over 100,000 miles on it and yes, the air did go out on me last week. I am planning on keeping it to use as a work van and buy another Kia Sedona for my family van. Kia, here in Columbia, SC has a great dealership, so I can't say they will, but give Kia a call or email them and I am sure that tehy will help with your problems. The one with the blown engine with about 53,000 miles on it should haev them get a factory rep to look at it, since it is still within the warranty period. I know the 100,000 does not go to the second owner, but from my understanding the 60,000 does. know it has been over 5 years, but hey would it hurt to ask?