2003 Kia Sedona 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2003 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

LX Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
I Like This Van!
By mrs_mac on 03/30/14 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2003 Kia Sedona last year. The previous owners (original owners) hardly drove it. The van only had 75K miles on it. We have put on 26K in one year! The car has been great for us. It's been all over the place because my husband travels a lot for work. It gets good highway gas mileage. We live in a rural area so it isn't so great for going from town to town. We haven't had any major issues at all. We are taking it in for general maintenance expected at 100K. Plugs, wires, etc. because it is running rough, but with the way we drive that's to be expected. I love the V6 - it really goes! I love this mini-van!

Piece Of Junk
By kpow903 on 08/30/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is a complete piece of garbage! I have my 2003 for 3 years and cannot rely on it at all! The 3.5 liter V6 is quite possibly the worst engine ever made. Do Not Buy

I Dislike This Van
By zingla on 07/20/11 13:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I do not like this van. It looks pretty. That is about the only good thing I can say. I am on disability. I have to have a realiable transportation. This van is not. The air in the back does not work. Both of the rear door handles have broken off. I called the dealer and it will cost almost $500 dollars for me to have them replaced. The shade is missing from the sunroof. Not including labor, $500. This is just to high cost repairs for a disabled person. When I buy another van or car, I will NEVER buy another kia. I have heard so many good things about this line. I have been very disappointed.

very bad!
By bakhtalo on 05/27/11 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

got it 3 years ago and always have had a problem with the engine, transmission, electrical and so so on. If I'd not get it as a present from a friend I'd never buy it. Now the compressor went and it's very hot. Don't make the mistake of getting yourself KIA. I learned this lesson the hard way

A BIG JOKE
By WOW on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is I spent over 20 grand for the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. Three sets of Rotors, power steering pump, rack, AC, heater, door handles, ball joints, and all the junky plastic interior. Of course I cant leave out the fact that to change 6 spark plugs it took me 6 hours to do so. Either that or pay a mechanic $800.00 bucks to do it since the back three are practically inaccessable Oh and one more thing. Metal anti freeze lines from front to back rusted out. Im thinking some type of plastic lies would be to easy to use. Bottom line is they knew what kinda junk they were building so we as consumers would have to rely on the incompitent mechanics at the dealerships

Don't buy it.
By Dave on 08/05/09 11:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used last year, with only 54K miles on it, so it still had some factory warranty left. The air conditioner failed within a week of purchase. It took 7 visits to the dealership over the summer because their air conditioner "fix" usually only last 1-2 days. Since then, the rear brake cylinders leaked (no brakes), the radiator has leaked badly, the power steering is stiff on cold mornings (bad power steering pump). Recently had the timing belt changed, and in the process they also changed a leaking hydrolic tensioner (extra $200) and then the air conditioner stopped working again the next day. Dealership claims they didn't brake it wants $1200 to replace the compressor.

I will never buy another Kia!
By jmc7982 on 06/08/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3 children and buying a minivan seemed like the right idea. If i had only known that buying a Kia would put me in debt i would have never ever done it! Everything on the car is pretty much plastic. I have broke several door handles that are far from cheep to replace. Everything in the van squeeks. I have had to replace the compressor and the shocks in the back that lift the back door! I have sank way too much money in this vehicle to enjoy it.

Not worth the problems
By whizza99 on 12/10/08 06:10 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, the starter going within the first week should of been the sign. 5 yrs, 80,000 miles later I have 3 broken handles they will not fix for less than $500 apiece, the turning radius is like a box or truck, not like all the caravans I've had. I gave up 18" in the grand caravan and you really do miss it. I have gone thru numerous tires, so put GOOD tires on it. Gas mileage stinks! I bought it for the warranty but after 5 yrs the bumper to bumper is gone and now all the little problems are creeping up. Back seat doesn't slide, etc.

Got 3 of them
By SS454 on 12/05/06 20:10 PM (PST)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem I see is with their so called alternators... they stink - to date I have had to replace one on all 3 of my Sedonas. Other than that for what I paid for them they're great.

Update to original review
By Cathy on 07/28/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I believe I reviewed this car back when I bought it 3 years ago. We still like it. When all of the seats are in there isn't much space, but I typically only need one of the back seats in, so we have plenty of space. It's very comfortable, even on a trip. I have heard lots of complaints about road noise and vibrations which I never notice because I am too busy listening to the radio . We have been back to the dealer a few times for for some annoying little things like broken cup holders and a seatbelt sensor that stopped working (the seat belt worked fine). We drive the van pretty hard I have replaced two tires, but brakes, spark plugs, etc. are still going strong.