2003 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
I Like This Van!
By mrs_mac on 03/30/14 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2003 Kia Sedona last year. The previous owners (original owners) hardly drove it. The van only had 75K miles on it. We have put on 26K in one year! The car has been great for us. It's been all over the place because my husband travels a lot for work. It gets good highway gas mileage. We live in a rural area so it isn't so great for going from town to town. We haven't had any major issues at all. We are taking it in for general maintenance expected at 100K. Plugs, wires, etc. because it is running rough, but with the way we drive that's to be expected. I love the V6 - it really goes! I love this mini-van!

Purchased used 2 years ago and already vechilce needs work on engine
By lyns2 on 09/10/13 18:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this van 2003 Kia Sodona 2 years ago and right after I paid it off the engine had problems it has blown head gaskets and will cost me $2200.00 to get back on the road.

Don't do it!!!
By saarifam on 02/27/13 11:04 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '03 Kia 2 years ago with 49k miles on it. I read good reviews,and it had such low miles I thought for sure I'd have it for a long time. Well 2 years later, it has 78,000 miles and it is breaking constant! Every month I have to bring it in to be fixed! At that mileage I shouldn't constantly be in the shop with it. Other cons are its tiny,puts a whole new perspective on "mini"van. Good luck putting anything in the trunk space. Also it has no trade in value at all. My vans exterior/interior is perfect,has lower mileage and I can't even get $1500 for trade. Trading it in tomorrow for a Honda Odyseey. Im so done with Kia's.They are sold cheap for a reason,you get what you pay for.

Piece Of Junk
By kpow903 on 08/30/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van is a complete piece of garbage! I have my 2003 for 3 years and cannot rely on it at all! The 3.5 liter V6 is quite possibly the worst engine ever made. Do Not Buy

BUYER BEWARE!!!
By kreeate on 10/22/11 19:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Despite spotty reviews, we bought our van in 2005 because of the safety ratings. I now feel sick that we wasted so much money on this vehicle! I drive very little so the mileage is still low and we kept up on maintenance. Despite that the power steering has had ongoing issues, no air conditioning, the power accessories don't work, the electrical system has issues, the drivers side window leaks, one exterior door handle doesn't work,the cheap foil covering the inside handles flake off and cut our fingers, and the transmission is now going out. Once we were driving and parts from the inside wheel started falling out and bouncing down the road. We have wasted thousands in repairs. Do not buy!

I Dislike This Van
By zingla on 07/20/11 13:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I do not like this van. It looks pretty. That is about the only good thing I can say. I am on disability. I have to have a realiable transportation. This van is not. The air in the back does not work. Both of the rear door handles have broken off. I called the dealer and it will cost almost $500 dollars for me to have them replaced. The shade is missing from the sunroof. Not including labor, $500. This is just to high cost repairs for a disabled person. When I buy another van or car, I will NEVER buy another kia. I have heard so many good things about this line. I have been very disappointed.

very bad!
By bakhtalo on 05/27/11 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

got it 3 years ago and always have had a problem with the engine, transmission, electrical and so so on. If I'd not get it as a present from a friend I'd never buy it. Now the compressor went and it's very hot. Don't make the mistake of getting yourself KIA. I learned this lesson the hard way

Don't Recommend
By reesa76 on 12/17/10 19:39 PM (PST)

2003 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my Kia Sedona for about 3 years now. I purchased it used and it's been pretty reliable and gets to where I'm going, but not comfortably. Like the others, the AC has never worked.My husband tried to put freon in it and it didn't work. The first 2 winters, the heat worked fine and now this year (coldest winter on record in our area) hot air only comes out of the rear heater and that doesn't really warm up the front even after it's been running for a while. The driver's door only opens from the outside because the inside handle broke. The driver side back door handle is broken on the outside. The sunroof leaks. Stay away. Not worth all the trouble!!!

A BIG JOKE
By WOW on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is I spent over 20 grand for the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. Three sets of Rotors, power steering pump, rack, AC, heater, door handles, ball joints, and all the junky plastic interior. Of course I cant leave out the fact that to change 6 spark plugs it took me 6 hours to do so. Either that or pay a mechanic $800.00 bucks to do it since the back three are practically inaccessable Oh and one more thing. Metal anti freeze lines from front to back rusted out. Im thinking some type of plastic lies would be to easy to use. Bottom line is they knew what kinda junk they were building so we as consumers would have to rely on the incompitent mechanics at the dealerships

Good Relaible Van
By MommasVan on 06/21/10 11:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Bought My Van New In May 2003 after researching it for 2 years when it first came out, i was Buying My 1st new Car ever and was 41 yrs. old. I got it loaded the ex, But Not Leather seats, as I hate them, I had no problems with it Other than the Door handles Kept breaking. Odd , But Kia replaced Under warranty free. Had 2 Recalls fixed. and Have taken extra good care of it. after it hit 50,000 started hearing an Odd Noise In front wheel suspension at 40mph. still cannot figure out what it is. and engine Lights on alot, and then goes off after like 3 miles. weird. A/C quit working last year, still Not working, Have had to Buy a few relays switches for several things, Tires wear on it bad.