Used 2009 Kia Rondo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Rondo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:

Never Again
By JustADriver

2009 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the KIA looking for a 3rd row. It has lots of room, but too many problems. Headlights have horizon line and are not good on hills. Bad vibration, which according to KIA was caused because the rims bent when car sat to long. The fix was to overinflate the tires. Airbag lights took several tries to fix, stereo was broken from day one, but dealer thought it was fine. KIA eventually replaced it, but the replacement was also broken. Trade in offers after about 7 months ranged from $7,000 to $10,800 for a car with about a $23,000 MSRP when purchased

Lots of room, even for tall drivers.

Fix the headlights. Not sure why they cut off the way they do, but, to us, it is just plain dangerous if you drive in hilly terrain. Headlights aren't adjustable. If you are looking at the Rondo, test drive it at night.

Kia Rondo
By Boyde Wheeler

2009 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

When driving there is cold air coming through the door handles-buttons- speakers or any place like that. Also the doors are cold to the touch.

Seats are nice and high and lots of room for your legs.

Get the doors fixed and sound of air coming through back of vehicle.

Great Vehicle, Great Value
By Dave

2009 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 12,400 miles. I was looking for a more comfortable vehicle for trips that could haul larger items when necessary - but it needed to also be economical. The Rondo delivers on all counts, and it's even fun to drive! Comfortable, smooth ride, good brakes, interior looks good, lots of room and yet it is a fairly compact vehicle. 24-27 mpg on the first few tanks, nearly all highway miles (hoping for better than this.) Lots of storage cubbyholes. I'm impressed with the features for the money (ABS, stability control, traction control, etc.) and surprised that more people haven't discovered the Rondo. It's not a sports car but it does what it does very well.

Sound system, aux input and USB jack, interior design, overall utility and value.

Make cargo cover standard. A little more power would be good but I wouldn't want to give up fuel economy, so maybe KIA has it right.

The worst drive ever
By Troy

2009 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I do not know what to say. The car has the worst seats of any car I have driven, the visibility is not the best, the transmission shift like a 1980 Chevy Citation with 100k on it. The 4speed auto is so outdated. I have this as a long term rental.

Honestly I cant say any and that is sad.

Totally revamp it. I dont get it....The steering really needs work, the seats need actual cushion. It needs an engine with power.

Would make a few minor changes.
By LucidAnn

2009 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I gave up a SUV with lots of bells and whistles for this car. We wanted 3rd row seating, to use occasionally, but we didn't want a large van or gas hog. I may have some complaints about this car but it is mostly because I am comparing to my previous vehicle.

Love the stereo system, we can just connect our iPod and control from dashboard. Safety features is another plus as well as the warranty.

Hate that the emergency brake doesn't alarm when it's on. No light when the rear door is open. No temperature/compass feature (at least in this model). No cargo space when 3rd row is in use. Third row seating is made more for small children. windshield washer is horrible and makes more of a mess