2009 Kia Rondo Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:
solid family vehicle with lots of plastic
By bayoubilly74 on 05/27/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Tired of having small sedans so looked for something economical but roomy. Found the Rondo, EX trim. Overall a good family car. Plenty of headroom and the kids have quit a bit of space in the 2nd row. Visibility is near-perfect in this car. Easy to see. Have the 3rd row which is a bit of a joke unless the person back there is about 8 years or younger. 3rd row easily flips down flat for a good sized load space. 2nd row folds flat too but it takes more effort. Great hauler for either people or stuff--just NOT AT THE SAME TIME. Tech is pretty sweet for an 09 vehicle. Touch screen display, navigation (solid), 8 speakers, heated seats, Ipod jack and interface.

good car
By godesshay on 12/19/10 12:52 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX Base 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 41,000 on it.i love how it handles it has lots of room its comfortable on long trips it fits 7 people with no problem with the 3rd row its a very quiet ride.i like the car it is built well to be a kia i was unsure about it before i bought it,but now it has impressed me :) it fits my family its good on long trips

Poor gas mileage
By jerry on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX Base 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

it only gets about 20 miles to the gallon on the highway. And in one year it has a trade in value of $9400.00 I paid $19,000

Great for families
By brondie on 03/22/10 20:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were looking for something to replace my Taurus Wagon, but wanted to be sure to get better gas mileage and better room. This covers all the basis. I love the features it has and the handling is great. My husband is comfortable in this unlike he was in the HHR we almost bought. So far I have no complaints.

Pretty Nice for the Price
By LB on 02/18/10 06:32 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX Base 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased as a 1 yr old used car from a rental sales place. This vehicle was used but in like/new condition. I really like it. It handles well and seems very soundly built. I was very surprised because Kia was the worst on my list last time I purchased a car.

Never Again
By JustADriver on 01/30/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the KIA looking for a 3rd row. It has lots of room, but too many problems. Headlights have horizon line and are not good on hills. Bad vibration, which according to KIA was caused because the rims bent when car sat to long. The fix was to overinflate the tires. Airbag lights took several tries to fix, stereo was broken from day one, but dealer thought it was fine. KIA eventually replaced it, but the replacement was also broken. Trade in offers after about 7 months ranged from $7,000 to $10,800 for a car with about a $23,000 MSRP when purchased

Kia Rondo
By Boyde Wheeler on 01/14/10 07:05 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

When driving there is cold air coming through the door handles-buttons- speakers or any place like that. Also the doors are cold to the touch.

Great Vehicle, Great Value
By Dave on 11/30/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 12,400 miles. I was looking for a more comfortable vehicle for trips that could haul larger items when necessary - but it needed to also be economical. The Rondo delivers on all counts, and it's even fun to drive! Comfortable, smooth ride, good brakes, interior looks good, lots of room and yet it is a fairly compact vehicle. 24-27 mpg on the first few tanks, nearly all highway miles (hoping for better than this.) Lots of storage cubbyholes. I'm impressed with the features for the money (ABS, stability control, traction control, etc.) and surprised that more people haven't discovered the Rondo. It's not a sports car but it does what it does very well.

The worst drive ever
By Troy on 11/30/09 06:38 AM (PST)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I do not know what to say. The car has the worst seats of any car I have driven, the visibility is not the best, the transmission shift like a 1980 Chevy Citation with 100k on it. The 4speed auto is so outdated. I have this as a long term rental.

Would make a few minor changes.
By LucidAnn on 10/17/09 20:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I gave up a SUV with lots of bells and whistles for this car. We wanted 3rd row seating, to use occasionally, but we didn't want a large van or gas hog. I may have some complaints about this car but it is mostly because I am comparing to my previous vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Rondo Wagon in VA is:

$115 per month*