Used 2009 Kia Rondo Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:

solid family vehicle with lots of plastic
By bayoubilly74

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Tired of having small sedans so looked for something economical but roomy. Found the Rondo, EX trim. Overall a good family car. Plenty of headroom and the kids have quit a bit of space in the 2nd row. Visibility is near-perfect in this car. Easy to see. Have the 3rd row which is a bit of a joke unless the person back there is about 8 years or younger. 3rd row easily flips down flat for a good sized load space. 2nd row folds flat too but it takes more effort. Great hauler for either people or stuff--just NOT AT THE SAME TIME. Tech is pretty sweet for an 09 vehicle. Touch screen display, navigation (solid), 8 speakers, heated seats, Ipod jack and interface.

overall room inside. leg room, head room, heated seats, clean crisp stereo sound (LOUD if you like it that way), easy to drive and park. smuggler's box in the back is cool. roof rails. full-size hatch opening allows for almost anything to be loaded into it. handles well in the city or highway. 2nd row has a small set of vents for A/C and heat.

interior is filled with cheap, hollow plastic. this isn't a good thing. cheap materials means a cheap feeling overall. what a shame b/c the rest of the vehicle is good. plastic on the inside scratches, fades, warps, and breaks way too easily. I'm assuming they fixed this with the new model however Kia didn't bring that to the US market. had several issues with this car after buying it used (one owner). can't even remember how many times we took it in to the kia place. everything was covered by warranty but still....it is a pain to have to keep taking it in every 3 weeks. bulbs on the outside keep burning out. rough on brakes and tires.

good car
By godesshay

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX Base 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 41,000 on it.i love how it handles it has lots of room its comfortable on long trips it fits 7 people with no problem with the 3rd row its a very quiet ride.i like the car it is built well to be a kia i was unsure about it before i bought it,but now it has impressed me :) it fits my family its good on long trips

its idiot proof it will not let you lock your keys inside got to love that.

the gas milege is not the greatest and if you come to a fast stop it has a slight shake in the wheel.

Poor gas mileage
By jerry

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX Base 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

it only gets about 20 miles to the gallon on the highway. And in one year it has a trade in value of $9400.00 I paid $19,000

Great for families
By brondie

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were looking for something to replace my Taurus Wagon, but wanted to be sure to get better gas mileage and better room. This covers all the basis. I love the features it has and the handling is great. My husband is comfortable in this unlike he was in the HHR we almost bought. So far I have no complaints.

It has the comfort of a van, gas mileage of a car, high from the ground like a SUV

The tan seats are not child friendly. Easily remedied though with seat covers. Also has some wind noise when I am on the interstate

Pretty Nice for the Price
By LB

2009 Kia Rondo Wagon LX Base 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased as a 1 yr old used car from a rental sales place. This vehicle was used but in like/new condition. I really like it. It handles well and seems very soundly built. I was very surprised because Kia was the worst on my list last time I purchased a car.

I like the handling, fast, slow, breaks all seem great.

Really - the One BIG thing on my list is the driver seat. I was considering taking this car back because I cannot get comfortable in it. I am very short and it is hard to adjust it down enough and then see over the dash.

• SUV