2008 Kia Rondo Consumer Review: I'd buy another one in a heart

2008 Kia Rondo - Consumer Review

LX Wagon (2.7L V6 5-speed Automatic)

I'd buy another one in a heart beat.
By joel41 on

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough positive about this car. I bought it as a demonstrator with 10,800miles and paid $220 more than a 10 year old Honda CRV with 110,000 miles on the same lot. Head and leg room as well as visability is better than my Dodge Caravan. Rear seats lay all the way flat which is great for hauling and camping. Doors open all the way which allows to load a box the full size of the door in the back (unlike my dad's Buick. With the V6 engine, there is more than enough spunk to get up to spead on the freeway. On a country road, I had it up to 110 mph and was still accelorating. It can be "fun to drive" when I want to.

Head and leg room is great. I am 6' 250lb and have more than enough room. Dad is 6'2" and had more than enough leg and head room in the rear seat. The heater can cook you out even in zub zero. I never could get warm in the Caravan. Great versatility. I haul a lot of boxes, people, dogs and camping gear. It is great.

I was not impressed with 27mpg. My Caravan frequentlly did better. I was also dissapointed when the break pads needed replacing at 30k miles. The dealer said it was because they they no longer use asbestos in the break pads. Now, with 56k miles, it feels like the pads need replacing again. I am use to getting at least 50-60k miles on break pads.