Used 2008 Kia Rondo Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Rondo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Rondo Wagon

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:

It Keeps Going
By A Great Family Car 2

2008 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I doing a follow up review on our Rondo, we have owned it for 1-1/2 years and still love it. We replace our Ford Windstar mini van and never looked back. This has been a reliable vehicle, we have over 22,000 miles on it now, been to CA from WA Twice, we got over 27 miles to the gallon fully loaded with a car topper on it. Great power over the mountains! Things we had done to vehicle: Tinted windows, Mud flaps & Cross bars for roof rack. Future Items: Trailer hitch. We have the 7 passenger version had every seat filled, still great power! We Would still buy this vehicle if we were looking again!

Favorite Features

7 Passengers, Stability Control, High mini van style seating, Middle seat I can sit in comfortably with leg room (I'm 6'2") Cup Holders, Automatic Headlights, Sport Shifter.

Suggested Improvements

The biggest bummer of the vehicle, it doesn't have a trunk light, but I put in a motion sensing battery operated light.

Never Had an Issue
By Kerensa

2008 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was trading up to this from a 2005 Ford Focus that I absolutely hated. I needed something a bit more roomy with better visibility. I bought this used with minimal miles on it. I sold it 3 years later because I needed something with AWD in it, otherwise I would have kept it. I did routine maintenance on it and never had one issue with how it drove.

Favorite Features

V6 engine, roomy, great visibility

Suggested Improvements

Traction control was overly sensitive if you had it on

WHAT A LEMON
By jskayaker

2008 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon w/AC (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Kia Rondo used with 19,000 miles on it...I really liked the car it suited my needs for hauling kids, dogs, kayaks and camping gear...but now at 51k miles the engine has locked up. I had the car serviced regularly and keep up on oil changes the whole nine. This is very very disheartening.....I still owe 9800 on the car and the new engine will cost 4800 to replace. I will never buy a KIA every again! I will also tell anyone buying a KIA to think again.

$2,000 A/C repair @ 45k
By anjay

2008 Kia Rondo Wagon LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Background: I bought the car off-lease in May '09 with 16k on the odometer. With the exception of so-so gas mileage, I though I'd scored an excellent deal. Then, in 2012, just after the 5-year warranty expired, I learned from my [very reliable] auto tech that the A/C compressor clutch had failed and would cost $2,000 to repair. This is a huge cash outlay for a relatively young vehicle w/ just over 45k. I'm embarrassed to tell anyone b/c I've been hyping the Rondo as a great value for four years. I won't be doing that any more.

Favorite Features

Great functionality. I can haul all kinds of things around in the roomy interior. Lots of glass with great view and sightlines. Easy access for kids and oldsters. Comfy interior.

Suggested Improvements

A/C worked well -- until it failed and I got a repair estimate for $2,000. That amount happened to be what I owed on the car.

SO Disappointed
By drivingmom2

2008 Kia Rondo Wagon EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Rondo new in 2008. At the time it was exactly the car we were looking for, as it had the third row stow-and-go seats. We had reasonable performance from it for the first five years, although it did have a few factory recalls in that time. HOWEVER, two months after the five-year warranty expired, the engine failed. Despite the fact that I had followed the warranty maintenance schedule, KIA Canada would do nothing to assist us with this matter and we ended up having to have a second-hand motor installed. Apparently KIA create disposable cars and are not prepared to back their products. Like a previous poster, I too am a bit embarrassed about having recommended KIA to friends.

Favorite Features

The interior configuration is great for a young family.

Suggested Improvements

KIA should build vehicles that last longer than the warranty period...