Used 2008 Kia Rondo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Rondo - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Rondo

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:

Never Had an Issue
By Kerensa

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was trading up to this from a 2005 Ford Focus that I absolutely hated. I needed something a bit more roomy with better visibility. I bought this used with minimal miles on it. I sold it 3 years later because I needed something with AWD in it, otherwise I would have kept it. I did routine maintenance on it and never had one issue with how it drove.

Favorite Features

V6 engine, roomy, great visibility

Suggested Improvements

Traction control was overly sensitive if you had it on

WHAT A LEMON
By jskayaker

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/AC (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Kia Rondo used with 19,000 miles on it...I really liked the car it suited my needs for hauling kids, dogs, kayaks and camping gear...but now at 51k miles the engine has locked up. I had the car serviced regularly and keep up on oil changes the whole nine. This is very very disheartening.....I still owe 9800 on the car and the new engine will cost 4800 to replace. I will never buy a KIA every again! I will also tell anyone buying a KIA to think again.

Great First time car
By cmede

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this little guy used about 2 weeks ago. I came from a giant Nissan Altima all plush and built for long drives. I got into this Rondo and fell in love instantly! The seats were spacious for my bigger size, the leg room was great and the overall feel of the car felt like quality. I never thought I would buy something that looked like this. I think it's not the nicest to look at. It reminds me of a wagon. But the way it grips the corners, gets up to highway speeds and truly is a hoot to drive. I was worried the 4 Cylinders was going to be a problem on the highway. I was mistaken. For my first car that I bought. I recommend it to anyone. It really is quality with the low price.

Favorite Features

The best part about this car is the heated seats, The

Suggested Improvements

I wish the back windows were tinted. The clear windows make it so I can't ever have anything big that won't fit in the secret storage being left in my car.

SO Disappointed
By drivingmom2

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Rondo new in 2008. At the time it was exactly the car we were looking for, as it had the third row stow-and-go seats. We had reasonable performance from it for the first five years, although it did have a few factory recalls in that time. HOWEVER, two months after the five-year warranty expired, the engine failed. Despite the fact that I had followed the warranty maintenance schedule, KIA Canada would do nothing to assist us with this matter and we ended up having to have a second-hand motor installed. Apparently KIA create disposable cars and are not prepared to back their products. Like a previous poster, I too am a bit embarrassed about having recommended KIA to friends.

Favorite Features

The interior configuration is great for a young family.

Suggested Improvements

KIA should build vehicles that last longer than the warranty period...

$2,000 A/C repair @ 45k
By anjay

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Background: I bought the car off-lease in May '09 with 16k on the odometer. With the exception of so-so gas mileage, I though I'd scored an excellent deal. Then, in 2012, just after the 5-year warranty expired, I learned from my [very reliable] auto tech that the A/C compressor clutch had failed and would cost $2,000 to repair. This is a huge cash outlay for a relatively young vehicle w/ just over 45k. I'm embarrassed to tell anyone b/c I've been hyping the Rondo as a great value for four years. I won't be doing that any more.

Favorite Features

Great functionality. I can haul all kinds of things around in the roomy interior. Lots of glass with great view and sightlines. Easy access for kids and oldsters. Comfy interior.

Suggested Improvements

A/C worked well -- until it failed and I got a repair estimate for $2,000. That amount happened to be what I owed on the car.