2008 Kia Rondo Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Rondo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:
Never Had an Issue
By Kerensa on 02/23/15 08:16 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was trading up to this from a 2005 Ford Focus that I absolutely hated. I needed something a bit more roomy with better visibility. I bought this used with minimal miles on it. I sold it 3 years later because I needed something with AWD in it, otherwise I would have kept it. I did routine maintenance on it and never had one issue with how it drove.

WHAT A LEMON
By jskayaker on 02/11/15 12:52 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/AC (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Kia Rondo used with 19,000 miles on it...I really liked the car it suited my needs for hauling kids, dogs, kayaks and camping gear...but now at 51k miles the engine has locked up. I had the car serviced regularly and keep up on oil changes the whole nine. This is very very disheartening.....I still owe 9800 on the car and the new engine will cost 4800 to replace. I will never buy a KIA every again! I will also tell anyone buying a KIA to think again.

Great First time car
By cmede on 02/02/15 12:38 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this little guy used about 2 weeks ago. I came from a giant Nissan Altima all plush and built for long drives. I got into this Rondo and fell in love instantly! The seats were spacious for my bigger size, the leg room was great and the overall feel of the car felt like quality. I never thought I would buy something that looked like this. I think it's not the nicest to look at. It reminds me of a wagon. But the way it grips the corners, gets up to highway speeds and truly is a hoot to drive. I was worried the 4 Cylinders was going to be a problem on the highway. I was mistaken. For my first car that I bought. I recommend it to anyone. It really is quality with the low price.

SO Disappointed
By drivingmom2 on 03/09/14 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Rondo new in 2008. At the time it was exactly the car we were looking for, as it had the third row stow-and-go seats. We had reasonable performance from it for the first five years, although it did have a few factory recalls in that time. HOWEVER, two months after the five-year warranty expired, the engine failed. Despite the fact that I had followed the warranty maintenance schedule, KIA Canada would do nothing to assist us with this matter and we ended up having to have a second-hand motor installed. Apparently KIA create disposable cars and are not prepared to back their products. Like a previous poster, I too am a bit embarrassed about having recommended KIA to friends.

$2,000 A/C repair @ 45k
By anjay on 06/24/13 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Background: I bought the car off-lease in May '09 with 16k on the odometer. With the exception of so-so gas mileage, I though I'd scored an excellent deal. Then, in 2012, just after the 5-year warranty expired, I learned from my [very reliable] auto tech that the A/C compressor clutch had failed and would cost $2,000 to repair. This is a huge cash outlay for a relatively young vehicle w/ just over 45k. I'm embarrassed to tell anyone b/c I've been hyping the Rondo as a great value for four years. I won't be doing that any more.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat.
By joel41 on 04/25/12 21:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough positive about this car. I bought it as a demonstrator with 10,800miles and paid $220 more than a 10 year old Honda CRV with 110,000 miles on the same lot. Head and leg room as well as visability is better than my Dodge Caravan. Rear seats lay all the way flat which is great for hauling and camping. Doors open all the way which allows to load a box the full size of the door in the back (unlike my dad's Buick. With the V6 engine, there is more than enough spunk to get up to spead on the freeway. On a country road, I had it up to 110 mph and was still accelorating. It can be "fun to drive" when I want to.

Love the car!
By Jay Dee on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Kia Rondo in May 2010. My Saturn VUE was totaled, and fortunately, I got a good deal and was able to pay cash for the Rondo. This car is fun to drive, especially easy to access if you are short or disabled. There are two problems I have with this car. Gas mileage stinks! My SUV got better mileage than this! I get an engine knock when the A/C is on. The compressor was replaced (under warranty) but the noise continues.

Love it
By z24racerchic on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had rented a car in 2008 and they gave me a Rondo. When I first saw it I thought what the frig is this thing, but I fell in love. In July 2010 I got a 2008 with only 25,000 miles on it for $11,000. Was thrilled. The dealership was 2 1/2 hours away because I had a hard time finding a good one around where I live. I love my Rondo. While many say its nothing much to look at I like how it looks. The performance is awesome. I have taken it on two trips into the mountains and it doesn't hesitate. The V6 has a lot of power. The interior is very, very roomy and I love the compartments for extra storage in the back. There is plenty of room to haul things.

It Keeps Going
By A Great Family Car 2 on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I doing a follow up review on our Rondo, we have owned it for 1-1/2 years and still love it. We replace our Ford Windstar mini van and never looked back. This has been a reliable vehicle, we have over 22,000 miles on it now, been to CA from WA Twice, we got over 27 miles to the gallon fully loaded with a car topper on it. Great power over the mountains! Things we had done to vehicle: Tinted windows, Mud flaps & Cross bars for roof rack. Future Items: Trailer hitch. We have the 7 passenger version had every seat filled, still great power! We Would still buy this vehicle if we were looking again!

Fun, functionality & a bargain to boot
By Anjay on 08/09/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Rondo off-lease 15 months ago with just under 16k on the odometer. I've driven it on the interstates, urban byways, country lanes, mountain roads, etc., and have no performance issues. No problems at all beyond the scheduled maintenance. It's well made, well equipped and is very functional--a terrific little multitasker at a bargain price.