2008 Kia Rondo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:
SO Disappointed
By drivingmom2 on 03/09/14 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Rondo new in 2008. At the time it was exactly the car we were looking for, as it had the third row stow-and-go seats. We had reasonable performance from it for the first five years, although it did have a few factory recalls in that time. HOWEVER, two months after the five-year warranty expired, the engine failed. Despite the fact that I had followed the warranty maintenance schedule, KIA Canada would do nothing to assist us with this matter and we ended up having to have a second-hand motor installed. Apparently KIA create disposable cars and are not prepared to back their products. Like a previous poster, I too am a bit embarrassed about having recommended KIA to friends.

$2,000 A/C repair @ 45k
By anjay on 06/24/13 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Background: I bought the car off-lease in May '09 with 16k on the odometer. With the exception of so-so gas mileage, I though I'd scored an excellent deal. Then, in 2012, just after the 5-year warranty expired, I learned from my [very reliable] auto tech that the A/C compressor clutch had failed and would cost $2,000 to repair. This is a huge cash outlay for a relatively young vehicle w/ just over 45k. I'm embarrassed to tell anyone b/c I've been hyping the Rondo as a great value for four years. I won't be doing that any more.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat.
By joel41 on 04/25/12 21:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough positive about this car. I bought it as a demonstrator with 10,800miles and paid $220 more than a 10 year old Honda CRV with 110,000 miles on the same lot. Head and leg room as well as visability is better than my Dodge Caravan. Rear seats lay all the way flat which is great for hauling and camping. Doors open all the way which allows to load a box the full size of the door in the back (unlike my dad's Buick. With the V6 engine, there is more than enough spunk to get up to spead on the freeway. On a country road, I had it up to 110 mph and was still accelorating. It can be "fun to drive" when I want to.

Love the car!
By Jay Dee on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Kia Rondo in May 2010. My Saturn VUE was totaled, and fortunately, I got a good deal and was able to pay cash for the Rondo. This car is fun to drive, especially easy to access if you are short or disabled. There are two problems I have with this car. Gas mileage stinks! My SUV got better mileage than this! I get an engine knock when the A/C is on. The compressor was replaced (under warranty) but the noise continues.

Love it
By z24racerchic on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had rented a car in 2008 and they gave me a Rondo. When I first saw it I thought what the frig is this thing, but I fell in love. In July 2010 I got a 2008 with only 25,000 miles on it for $11,000. Was thrilled. The dealership was 2 1/2 hours away because I had a hard time finding a good one around where I live. I love my Rondo. While many say its nothing much to look at I like how it looks. The performance is awesome. I have taken it on two trips into the mountains and it doesn't hesitate. The V6 has a lot of power. The interior is very, very roomy and I love the compartments for extra storage in the back. There is plenty of room to haul things.

It Keeps Going
By A Great Family Car 2 on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I doing a follow up review on our Rondo, we have owned it for 1-1/2 years and still love it. We replace our Ford Windstar mini van and never looked back. This has been a reliable vehicle, we have over 22,000 miles on it now, been to CA from WA Twice, we got over 27 miles to the gallon fully loaded with a car topper on it. Great power over the mountains! Things we had done to vehicle: Tinted windows, Mud flaps & Cross bars for roof rack. Future Items: Trailer hitch. We have the 7 passenger version had every seat filled, still great power! We Would still buy this vehicle if we were looking again!

Fun, functionality & a bargain to boot
By Anjay on 08/09/10 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Rondo off-lease 15 months ago with just under 16k on the odometer. I've driven it on the interstates, urban byways, country lanes, mountain roads, etc., and have no performance issues. No problems at all beyond the scheduled maintenance. It's well made, well equipped and is very functional--a terrific little multitasker at a bargain price.

A Great Bargain
By Tom on 08/08/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I somehow managed to purchase my Rondo with 30k on the odometer for merely 10k. what a surprise! Seven months later and I still love it. You can haul all kinds of stuff, great acceleration, and it is so comfortable it feels like you're driving while sitting on your favorite couch. The car is an ugly bubble, don't get me wrong. Your friends will might have a few jibes for you. But for the price and the ride quality/reliability, you won't find anything better.

The Rondo is a Steal
By CelticRondo on 06/14/10 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle to drive around people at work and to travel around the states with two dogs. I can fit four adult in it all eating lunch comfortably. Took a four thousand mile drive through MN, NY, FL, and the Midwest. It handles the mountains and beaches with ease. I even had enough room to layout in the back to sleep on the road. I am comfortable driving it and my riders enjoy the extra room and cup holders. It's like a boring friend. It will do everything you ask of it but your hip friends don't like being seen with it.

Great economical all-around hauler
By Mike D on 05/17/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

PROS - EX 6 cyl new 2008 leftover stickered $23,000+ bought early in 2009 for $16,000 total (no trade, and included tax, title, and registration). WOW! - Mileage - 24+ mpg mixed driving and 27+ highway (usually running around 70 mph). We're easy on the peddle. - Tows a 1,000 lb pop up trailer effortlessly - costs 3 mpg - Solid build, reasonably quiet - 3rd row split bench seat lets us haul 6 - 4 adults, two kids in car seats - 6 people total - AND a big stroller -- plus a few other things -- in relative comfort. IFFY: - Looks are unremarkable - Road-handling and performance reasonably satisfying (it is a 'midi van' after all!) - Front seats not very comfortable

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.