2007 Kia Rondo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:
The real "smart" car!
By drjjjj on 01/10/12 11:27 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have over 150k on my 07 Rondo with no mechanical issues ever! Been a flawless car, functional, comfortable, safe and reliable! If you're into funtion/practicality-this is the used car to choice! The 2.4 has the no maintenance timing chain, bullet proof 4 cylinder and simple 4 speed! 70% high strength steel/3300 lbs-about as light as you want to go! Can see 30 mpg on Highway! This year and newer is when the Koreans made the turn to world class quality folks!

Did my homework and it paid off!
By skippy0817 on 03/20/11 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/Popular Equipment (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used 2007 Kia Rondo LX a month ago after doing alot of on line research. I drove new cars and other used cars but the moment I got in the Rondo I fell in love. I have not had a new/newer car for many years and I certainly made the right choice. The exterior is fun looking, the interior is roomier and nicer than anything I thought I could afford. It runs and drives like a dream. I love the way it handles, I love the pick-up and especially the gas mileage! I'm getting 29 mpg and I live in an area where my daily drive is climbing up and going down hills. I would recommend this car to anyone.

mixed bag
By mballard70 on 02/17/11 09:06 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/Popular Equipment (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Rondo new and it is currently 3.5 years old and has 64,000 miles. I really like the car, but it has had some issues. Here is what has been replaced on the car: rack and pinion unit, power steering, cam-balancer, and the transmission. kia has largely stood behind their product in spite of these issues. However, they were going to deny the warranty claim on my transmission b/c I had changed the fluid with Synthetic Trans. fluid. If I hadn't had a Kia insider as a friend, I would have been in trouble. I think this is a violation of the Moss-Magnasun act b/c they insisted they would only cover Kia fluid. But, I digress. Love the car, wish it didn't have those issues.

Love My ronda
By missvicki1 on 12/24/10 10:51 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/Popular Equipment (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Ronda in October of 2010. Didn't like it at first, but then fell "in love with this car". Every day that I drive this car I love it more. Very good gas mikeage in the city or on the highway. Would recommend this car to anyone. Very good for the money value. I definitely would buy another Kia Rondo.

Best car I've ever owned
By wonka on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/Popular Equipment (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Gotta say I'm shocked at some people complaining about their Rondo. My 2007 Rondo LX is the best car I've ever owned -- better than my Pontiac Vibe, Acura Integra, 99 Rav4, Chevy Prizm or many Corollas. Car is the most versatile thing on the road, comfortable, good balance of power and decent gas mileage. Have had no problems whatsoever after 3 years 40k miles. LOADS of safety features (6 airbags, antilock brakes, skid control). Can't beat this car w/out spending $10,000 more. Only thing I don't love about it is of the 4 doors plus hatchback, there is only ONE keyhole. Annoying because if someone opens the other doors from the inside alarm goes off & ignition is killed until you "beep" in

Unbelievable
By Ms. Johns on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car was all good until I reached 62,000 miles. The fuel pump has gone out and the manufacturer won't admit that it is a defect. The fuel pump has been recalled in the 08 and 09 models. I had a couple in the 3rd row and thy complained about the comfort. They could feel every bump in the road. I would not recommend Kia to anyone!

My 2007 Rondo
By Ron on 07/06/10 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/Popular Equipment (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife liked my Rondo so much that a year after I owned mine she went out and bought one too. The car gives a nice ride with great visibility. The seating is very comfortable, especially on long trips. I seem to get about 33 mpg when the freeway is functioning as intended. The wide 16" tires give a pretty good ride over our dilapidated roads. We have plenty of room for our family of three to pack up all our camping gear and head for the hills. We bought both on sale ad at $12,999 each, look for sales. Highly recommended. Cons: warped brake pad causes vibration when braking. Newer problem as steering has light knock when turning wheel left.

Never Again
By Al Gator on 06/13/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car because I was told gas mileage was great. Not true. After the first week, return to dealer to have brakes fixed. Next, back to the dealer to fix banging noise. Front pass. strut was falling off. Next, back to the dealer to have BOTH front wheel bearings replaced. Car still howls like a demon because of bad bearing or u-joint, dealer can't/won't find and fix. Window deicers quit and the lights flicker at night when braking. Low profile tires make turnpike driving miserable. At 13k need to replace brake pads AND rotors. Seats stain when you look at them. Door locks have mind of their own. Car is a loser in the winter. Antiskid computer fights you.

Beats a minivan
By scorionf89 on 06/02/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this because I was moving and needed a bigger vehicle than a car. I love all the space it has its the cheapest car that can fit a washing machine in it. I can haul almost anything in this car. I love all the leg room it beats out my wife's Toyota mine van from that stand point. I had the dealer drill holes so I can push the racks all the way to the front thereby make it so I can carry 3 large suitcases on the roof cant do that with any other cross over. I have been doing 28 mpg around town with the windows down. On a personal note if you need even more space you probably need a truck my fave being the m35a2 by Am General

I love it.
By urban07 on 04/19/10 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am a little surprised when I read the reviews here, the Rondo has been the best car to me that I have ever owned. Smooth ride, feels safe, lots of room in the 5 seater, I could not ask for a better car. Best bang for your buck. I am normally an old hot rod / chevy guy and well this is a different image that I grew to like especially with the whole Rainbow advertising.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.