2013 Kia Rio Ex
By ramoro1991 on
2013 Kia Rio EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I am currently driving a 2013 Kia Rio in Michigan. Handles great in the snow with the traction control on (read favorite features). Very nice design, but when buying the ex model it did not come with cruise (can be added). I have been driving this car since the beginning of December 2012, just went over 1100 miles and am happy with my choice. Gas mileage does fluctuate a little bit but have had the Eco on while driving on the highway and have actually averaged around 40+ MPG. Just remember, if you're nice to your car, it will be nice to you. This is my first brand new car and am really happy. Currently leasing for a 39 month lease and wouldn't have done anything different. Love my Kia Rio :)
Favorite Features
Auto-Shifter, Style, Headlights, 3-months of sirius FREE, auto-headlights, steering wheel controls, not big but surprisingly is spacious inside, fold-in side mirrors, handling in the snow (went up hills that big SUV's couldn't conquer. Does slide a little but snaps back quickly and has a safety feature so you don't accidentally slam on the gas), ECO IS MY FRIEND (does not take off fast but is a great feature to have [shifts sooner to allow lower RPM for better fuel efficiency), has a lot of cubbies and storage places, Nice take off (takes off quickly, and has a nice roar to the engine :D), All over a great car to have as a first buyer.
Suggested Improvements
I at least wanted cruise control and fog lights (both can be added), faster wiper blade speed, rear windshield defroster needs to be primed first (doesn't work the best at first but does after 2-3 times using it), does blow everywhere on the highway so maybe better handling, needs an arm rest (right arm is always holding steering wheel anyway),
By wjaamod
on 07/10/13 18:07 PM (PDT)

This is really helpful. I just bought a new Rio5 (73 miles on it) down in Texas, but I'm from Minnesota and was worried about how it would handle in the snow. I do want an SX, but for now, the EX and the ECO that comes with it are great. I love having Sirius and the UVO is just awesome. I'm also impressed with the acceleration. And the cabin! I'm 6'1" and can sit COMFORTABLY in the front and the back! This was my first new car purchase, and I am very happy with it.