2013 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
ALOT of bang for the Buck !
By callmedave1 on 07/03/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Rio LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was out the door at $15,250 with my new Rio. An exceptional deal . Car has 3,000 miles on it and I love it. Best to use NON-ethanol gasoline as the engine works better and youll pick up a couple more MPG. I get 33 MPG combined driving . Car is very comfortable for my 6'3" big frame. I swapped out the steering wheel so now I have cruise control which is a must for me. Color is red and it looks clean even when you haven't washed it in weeks. Very pleased I got this over the Nissan Versa with the lower warranty.

No complaints whatsoever...
By csandste on 07/18/13 20:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Rio EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Very comfortable for a subcompact, seems like a larger car. Actually seems to have more front seat room than my 07 Optima. Excellent fit and finish. Stock Kumho tires get lots of hate on Tire Rack, but I have no complaints on noise or handling after 18,000 miles. Averaging 29.57 mpg, can't complain about that. This is an EX hatch in dark sapphire, a color that's not supposed to exist on this model. Backup camera comes in very handy because rear window and c pillar restrict view. I would recommend spending the extra money over the LX, the electronics folding rear view mirrors, etc. are worth the extra $$$.

2013 Kia Rio5 EX
By wjaamod on 07/10/13 18:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Rio EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Rio with 73 miles on it. I've only had it for about 2 weeks, but so far I'm loving it. The Eco feature is hard to get used to, but it's a really neat thing once you're accustomed to it. It's got a good amount of pep to it, actually. I love how spacious it is inside. I'm over 6 feet tall, and I can sit in the backseat (and front) very comfortably. The little features like the folding side mirrors are great. The inside and outside don't feel cheaply made at all. I am thoroughly impressed with Kia's work on this one.

2013 Kia Rio Ex
By ramoro1991 on 01/30/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Rio EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I am currently driving a 2013 Kia Rio in Michigan. Handles great in the snow with the traction control on (read favorite features). Very nice design, but when buying the ex model it did not come with cruise (can be added). I have been driving this car since the beginning of December 2012, just went over 1100 miles and am happy with my choice. Gas mileage does fluctuate a little bit but have had the Eco on while driving on the highway and have actually averaged around 40+ MPG. Just remember, if you're nice to your car, it will be nice to you. This is my first brand new car and am really happy. Currently leasing for a 39 month lease and wouldn't have done anything different. Love my Kia Rio :)

Bad Customer Service and Bad Manual Transmission
By willhix on 01/25/13 19:29 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Rio LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

BUYER BEWARE !!! The six speed has transmission issues. Vibration at highway speeds in sixth gear. I bought one. And Im not only disapointed....Im mad!!! Customer service is horrendous. Car still isnt fixed. Would never buy another KIA based on how Ive been treated. NEVER !!!!

You will need to buy a spare tire and jacK!
By shullj on 01/02/13 18:51 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Rio LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My daughter recently bought a Kia Rio. After a blowout (sidewall), we were shocked to find out there was no spare and no jack! There was a silly little pump and some compound that is supposed to fix flats! But not sidewall damage - the most common damage to modern radial tires! Furthermore, the salesman at Courtesy Kia (Henderson, NV) never informed her that there was no spare! And if that is not enough, it took here over an hour to navigate the phone maze and get in touch with roadside assistance to told to "go buy an new tire and we'll come and put it on! What a rip off and quite dangerous! We live in Nevada and if you get stranded on some lonely road in the summer, you could die!

Great Car
By kiabeliever1 on 12/20/12 11:23 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I never used to like kia cars but when I saw the kia rio I was hooked. I average about 31mpg on the street. The car is very comfortable. The controls are very easy to reach and the interior design is very very nice. Materials used on the inside dont feel cheap. As many people say that kia uses super cheap parts. The engine is strong and has good lift. ( I say this statement based on its class, small compact sedan) Outside noise is minimal. Overall this is a GREAT buy. Especially the warranty that kia gives. you'll never have to worry about the engine or transmission for 10 yrs or 100,000 miles. I got my rio lx for $15,500 with the power package plus an additional $500 off with kia finance.

Really Like Car
By natlikescars on 10/19/12 13:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent car for the money. Gas mileage is as advertized. Combined miles of city and highway for me is 36 to 37 mpg. Highest mileage so far was 45.8 and on a combined trip of 450 miles it was 42.8. Worst mileage so far was 34.5. and we have 3200 miles on car so far. Very quiet car with smooth transmission and peppy engine. In LX you don't get cruise control and I miss that. have the power option for door locks and windows.

2013 KIa Hatchback
By soccer_ref on 09/18/12 07:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Rio LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Looked for a car to replace 2000 Toyota Echo. Shopping for price, dependability and fuel mileage. Drove Yaris, Prius C, Nissan Sentra but settled on Rio hatchback. Sold on styling both inside and out, price and warranty. Fuel mileage is okay, not special. 38 to 40 mpg is tough to swallow coming from 42 to 45 mpg. Didn't see the Yaris being any better. Prius C was too pricey for what I wanted. 6 speed manual transmission is good, though the gears are quite close together. Normal driving is easy to skip gears. Bought manual because paying for an automatic is a rip off.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Rio in VA is:

$158 per month*