2012 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Great Gas Mileage. Priced to high.
By larrytauch on 01/21/14 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

The New KIA RIO is a eye catcher. We averaged 37 MPG around our Town. On the Highway we got 42.3 MPG, and it wasn't a Hybrid. Front Passenger Seat is mounted to low. Drivers Seat was fine with manual height adjustment. If you need Power leave the ECO button off. If you want Great Gas Mileage leave the ECO button engaged! We have had our KIA RIO LX Sedan for 21 mths. Parts are mostly only available at the Dealer! Parts are very expensive!

Dont trust Kia
By jr66 on 11/06/12 05:47 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

With the release of downgraded MPG ratings, this vehicle is not worth the price. The electronics in the car are cheap. Interior panels are showing wear after less than 7000 miles. My car is two shades of red with panels not matching.

This is really just an update
By talanj on 10/19/12 04:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've have a 2012 sedan and I was getting around 32 mpg. I've now got about 12k miles on the car in 6 months. I've had 1 minor issue. At about 11.5k mile the CE light came on. I took it to the dealer and they said it needed a software update. That did fix the CE. I've gone through a couple tanks of gas since and It does seem that my MPG is up a few miles per gallon. All and all it's a nice little car, looks good and cruises along pretty good.

Like the car but gas mileage is not there
By talanj on 05/27/12 15:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Good little car. Great features. Good price. Good warranty. Good dealer service. Car scoots along good on the highway. By far the best looking car in the class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Rio Sedan in VA is:

$123 per month*