Used 2012 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

would buy again
By Judy Davie

2012 Kia Rio EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This has been the perfect car for me. The 100,000 mile/10 year warrantee gives me peace of mind, and when I have had an issue, it has always been covered 100%. Even when my key attachment on my key fob broke. I am 5'6" and the driver's seat and dash are perfect for me. There is a significant blind spot at 5:00 and 7:00 but the mirrors compensate for that. Can be annoying when backing out of a shopping mall parking space. And passengers often voice surprise at how low the passenger seat sits. The only other negative is the road noise which on interstates can be quite loud. The car has a lot of trunk space with a deceptively large amount of vertical storage. The rear seats fold down for even more space to transport oversized objects. Overall, however, I am thrilled with the car and would definitely buy it again.

Stylish small car
By Todd Flom

2012 Kia Rio LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for the price, good gas mileage and has a good look

good for me good for you
By John Farrell

2012 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is a real good value

electricity went completely out
By Kiara

2012 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I just bout a used 2012 Kia rio lx like three months ago. Everything is nice ok and dependable for the most part. However the electricity went out in my car. Like for real. No headlights, taillights, radio, bright lights, dome light, key ignition circle, dashboard lights/signals came on. It didn't start or anything. Then the locks and windows didn't work. I tried to lock the doors with the key alarm and that still didn't work. So I just let it sit for awhile then came back to it. It started up and lights came on like nothing ever happened. What the heck went wrong? Is this going to be a reoccurring incident?

Give the Rio a chance !
By Brad R

2012 Kia Rio EX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2012 Kia Rio EX with the convenience package (back up camera, indicators on the mirror, touch screen display) bought it with 5 miles now has an outstanding 86,000 miles. In the summer I average 35mpg usually in the winter it drops to about 28 unfortunately. I'm still on the original factory brakes which I do need to replace asap, had a problem at 10k with evap sensor which dealer replaced at no cost even gave us a free lender for a week while they waited for part. At 80k a clack happened upon acceleration, pinging caused timing to jump kia dealer fixed with no problem and at no cost even with the system update being expired, however car still pings like crazy upon acceleration. The passenger seat sits really low, I can't sit passenger in my car and I feel bad for my passengers. Resale value is absolutely terrible for this car however. It's been a great car, and the warranty is amazing.