Used 2010 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

So happy to be GONE!
By stinalynn

2010 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because at the time, I had no choice. I needed a cheap car with a good warranty. Well, you get what you pay for! I had a small fender bender, hitting a car at 10 miles per hour. It resulted in a total breakage of the ball joint. My husband, an ASE certified master technician, took one look and could not believe the poor quality (he is convinced it broke first, causing the accident!) It was great on gas, but that's about it. I just got rid of the thing, for a beautiful Mazda crossover, and I've never been happier!

Great on gas!

Just scrap and get a better quality car.

My 2010 Kia Rio
By kiaowner2010

2010 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Not happy with dark interior, car is too hot inside & must have window covered by sunshade. Other than that, I haven't had a brand new car for MANY years, and I love this one. I was on the bus three years before deciding to buy this car.

It looks like every other gray car in a parking lot, except that the shape of it in front & back is slightly different & the antennae is unique looking. I can always find MY car.

A key holder feature for opening the trunk, the key holder unlocks & locks main doors only, does not pop the trunk open.

Best Bang For Your Buck
By mikeyt1818

2010 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Fun car, sporty and peppy despite 1.6 liter engine. Great features on SX like leather wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, metal pedals, 16" inch alloys, rear spoiler, sport cloth with red stitches. Very sporty looking!

See above + I love USB port and auxilary jack!

Needs remote start option

Fun and Sporty little car!
By mikeyt

2010 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is so sporty with all the cool features (see below). It is not as commonly seen as its rivals (Corolla, Civic, Fit, and Yaris) so it stands out a lot more!

Leather wrapped steering wheel. Stereo controls on steering wheel w/ cruise control, metal pedals, Sirius radio, red stitched sport cloth, fog lights, hatch is awesome! I just love it!

Needs an optional remote start!

Best Bang For Your Buck!!
By mtloveskg

2010 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This little car is amazing. First of all I am 6'3" 245 pounds and have plenty of room! MPG are 30.4 after 2k miles of mixed driving with AC on. Not too shabby at all! Amenities are bar none for this class (read below for more on that).

Leather wrapped steering wheel with mounted audio and cruise controls. USB jack and auxiliary jack for my music listening convenience! Nice red stitched sport cloth. Great little peppy/sprightly engine, nice stereo, great 16 inch rims! FUN TO DRIVE!

Needs a trip meter like on my 2010 Forte!