Worst car purchase ever!
By mehigan on
2009 Kia Rio Rio5 LX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)
Purchased new. Non-stop quality issues. Windshield delaminated at 16 months and again at 48 months. Has anyone had a windshield fail with stress cracks (in exactly same spot) twice within 48 months? Radio stopped working at 30 months. Knock sensor failed 15 months. Electronic control module failed 18 months. Air bag sensor failed. Too many failures to list. I call car "Elvis" -- shake, rattle and roll! Getting in-warranty repairs done a huge hassle, tried three different dealers. Last dealer's solution was "you should buy a new car". Kia factory rep never returns calls. Once car out of warranty Kia's attitude is too bad, we are not responsible.
Favorite Features
I have never been so disappointed in a car purchase. I researched this car extensively. I wanted an inexpensive, basic commuter car with good reliability from a company which would stand behind their product. I feel Kia and this car failed both.
Suggested Improvements
Kia needs to understand that with a car with chronic quality failures they should be willing to stand behind their product. Once the car was out of warranty the only discussion I received from anyone at Kia was "it's out of warranty". Based on my experience, the fact that this car has things breaking that never should be breaking is apparently of no interest to anyone at Kia.