2009 Kia Rio 1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My Experience with my Kia

2009 Kia Rio - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My Experience with my Kia Rio
By Inrm on

2009 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about a month ago. Everything is fine but it has a very weird squeaky noise with the rear brakes. I've taken it to different places and nobody knows whats going on with it. The car is cheap and is no luxury at all. Everything inside is very simple. Is a little bit small, but i dont care about it because i use it to commute. Fuel economy is OK. Car is very quiet on both streets and highway. Tires are a bit small. I think that what you get for the money is fair.I like my car. I just wish We could find out whats going on with the brakes.

Favorite Features

Size of the car. design. Very simple inside. No luxury

Suggested Improvements

Better radio (radios sounds bad). bigger tires. Better mpg.
By renrenmt
on 05/14/14 12:56 PM (PDT)

Hey Inrm, Its probably just because kia rios have Drum brakes on the back. Any moisture in the air at all will rust them slightly, making a squeaky noise when you start to brake - especially during or after it rains. If it starts to go away after your driving for a while thats def what it is. If its constant maybe there is something else wrong. Oh and this is completely normal with drum brakes.. it even happens when they are brand new.