2008 Kia Rio Consumer Review: Great little gas saver!

2008 Kia Rio - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great little gas saver!
By tracyb4 on

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Rio new, with 28 miles on it, and now have over 60k miles on it. It came with a great warranty and I've had all scheduled maintenance required to keep the warranty active. I have never had any trouble out of it. The only cons I can mention is that the brakes sound like they are grinding when you first apply them in a damp or wet environment, but after the first application that sound goes away. I have them checked every time I go in for service and they are always ok. The other thing is the fact that the ride is a little noisier than I prefer, but you will find that to be the case with all small cars. I average about 33-35 mpg. Keep up the maintenance, it will last!

Great gas mileage. Very responsive handling. Surprisingly roomy trunk. Great head room for a small vehicle. Sporty look.

Back seat needs more leg room. Not the greatest car for carrying adult passengers.