2008 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
08 Base Rio
By Mike on 03/20/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this to replace my 95 Honda Civic. Need a dependable work car for long commutes. Base is no frills, less things to fail or wear out. Love no power steering! So far, this ride is great. Comfortable, solid and classy for the $ spent. ($10K for a brand new ride with a 100K power train warranty.) Does not even have a radio, but is wired for one with speakers. Most folks replace the factory radio anyway, so this is a great approach for a custom ride.

Wished I had purchased one sooner. . .
By Todd Finch on 03/11/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 LX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It's roomy enough for four adults, very fun to drive around town, and gets a whopping average 35 miles per gallon (50% highway, 50% city driving.) It's very pleasant at all speeds (never taken it over 80 mpg). What an amazing value! I wish I had purchased a car like this sooner. I listed "Performance" as only a 7 because it's not designed to be a race car. It's a 4-cylinder, therefore performance should be a little sub- par. That said, I've never had a problem keeping pace at a light, or going uphill.

one month
By rioowner on 01/28/08 15:47 PM (PST)

2008 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The basic Rio is pleasantly surprising. All is well with it, except filling the gas tank today, I got 30.1 mpg. On the lot where I bought my Rio were signs on some of the Rios stating 44 mpg. Now, I know that is highway miles, and the sticker only said 27 city, 34 highway, but something is amiss here. I am thinking, if I get 44 highway, then I think I should get at least 35 city. And driving it slower than two thirds of other vehicles, I think that should have been accomplished. I am disappointed in the mileage I got for 9.98 gallons, traveling 301 miles. The reason I bought it was for the mileage. But.....

base model
By j.q.t. on 01/24/08 06:01 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Started driving the base model and it is really easy to manuver. The steering is hard, but got use to having to hold onto the steering wheel at all times. Sporty, nice interior, gasoline mileage doesn't look to promising at the moment, but may get better. Some models they advertise on lot, 44 mpg, but window sticker shows much lower, very much lower. Overall, for the price, you may do better, but the warranty is really the good part.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.