Used 2008 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Rio

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Just what I needed!
By J.L.

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I'm really happy with this car. I've had it almost two years, and I'm still enjoying it. The only thing I'd ask Kia to improve would be the height of the arm rest - it's too low. I feel very safe in my car. It's even comfortable on ten-hour vacation trips! The interior is nice, and easy to clean - great for people with kids. It really is easy to park. I'd be happy buy another one.

Comfy interior, rear window defrost, great handling, roomy trunk.

Raise arm rest, maybe improve mileage.

STILL GOING AND SURPRISING
By cf

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

An Update. My '08 Rio is coming up on 39k. I drive all highway and still am impressed on the way in which the car handles, except in snow well go figure. Nothing major, all regular maintence so far. The car is a little trooper. round trip I drive 140 miles, reason i bought the lil sipper. The car has all I need. I have noticed what others are saying about the slow shift with the automatic transmissions, especially when the car is cold, which in the northeast is common. I am not worried yet about it. I tell you the car takes a beating and is holding up, I am hoping for long too. I am rough on the cars I drive so I hope to have it a few more years in this one.

Power Package, I cannot believe they still make cars without power all, that is ridiculous.

Comfortable seats a must, satellite radio( I think they have it in the newer models).larger gas tank. lockable glove box,center console, not the little arm rest.

Great Commuter Car for the Money
By kyatty

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 LX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market to get to and from work everyday and wanted to keep my costs down. I had only owned Japanese cars, with one exception of a GMC pickup that was a big mistake. I was a little unsure about the KIA, but after nearly 2 years I'm glad I took the plunge. This little car is just what I needed. The fuel economy is quite good, but could be improved. It's surprisingly fun to drive. It's far roomier than you would expect from its dimesions. I've never had a single problem with this car --just regularly scheduled maintenance. Sure, I get the occasional odd look from other attorneys when they see me in my little Rio5, but I could care less.

1. Good fuel economy 2. Handles well and a dream to park 3. Roomier than one would think with the hatchback 4. Excellent reliability 5. Low cost 6. Enough pep to merge into traffic without any problems 7. Well designed layout

1. Fuel economy could still be better 2. Design enhancements to protect occupants in side impact crashes 3. Better tires 4. Lockable glove box

Kia Rio 2008
By roger

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 LX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my KIA Rio. It gets 34 mpg. It is fun to drive. Warranty is great. It is the best car for the price.

quiet for small car good stereo peppy good gas mileage

I HATE THIS CAR
By casey

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My car also is slow to shift from park reverse or drive to revervse. It also has been in the shop five times because something is draining the power from the battery that no one can figure out why. It has been thru two batteries and they put in a whole new fuse system... i drove it three weeks and the battery is dead again. They still cant figure it out so while it sits in the shop i have to borrow parents and friends cars because good ol kia doesn't provide loaner cars and i dont have the money for a rental. All this for a car i've only had four months!!!

I think the car is cute and its pretty good on gas..... WHEN I CAN DRIVE IT

PLEASE Just admitt when something is wrong that cant be fixed and give me another car. I am a single mother and i need my car. I paid the money for it and i pay my payment on time every month. Please give me another car or at least something to drive while you try to figure out whats wrong with mine