2008 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Rio5 SX Wagon
By Giancarlo on 06/05/08 05:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Hyundai Tucson for a car I could use for my working commute. Rio5 SX was a straightforward choice. The car is compact but surprisingly comfortable and spacious. The engine is up to the task considering is a 1.6 L and the car is very fun to drive. In my first tank of gas I've got a good 33 mpg in mix condition (traffic/highway) typical in a commute scenario. Very, very satisfied with this choice that I recommend to anybody in need of a good, reliable commuting car.

Rio rocks!
By oldsubguy on 06/03/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After trading in my 15 MPG American "Tank", I am well pleased with my Rio! The difference in gas price alone amounted to over $200/Mo. which is a good portion of the payment. Nimble, sure, and attractive lines (IN my opinion). I could not be more pleased. I like the fact that I did not have to pay for a useless car alarm either. (I think we quit listening to them about a year after they came out). No bloody power this or that to break either and I can reach the passenger window crank without causing a crash on the freeway

Hurray Kia
By chris b on 05/19/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle as I was in need of a commuter car (I drive 200 mile/day). I also own a Sorento and Have been very happy with it. There is plenty of room even in the back seat (my wife is nearly 6 ft and she felt comfortable in the back with our two kids). After driving most of the competition, I just had to go with kia again. For the money there is none better.

Better than I expected
By Aaron Salinas Jr on 05/14/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 LX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car for my wife to drive to work and save money in gas. Best thing I ever did we went from 12 to 14 miles to the gallon in the city to 26 to 28 to the gallon in the city. We cut our gas bill from $75 to $30 per week. I cannot wait to get it on the highway to see how many miles I can get. I also bought the car because I am not a small guy and when I first sat in the Rio I was able to get in and out with out hitting my head on the roof. The space was also a factor and the Rio was a perfect size for wife and me. The interior has enough space to place the 3 kids in the back seat and stuff in the trunk.

Great car and soon to be very popular
By Kay C. Johnson on 05/12/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This car has great get up and go! The gas mileage is a wonderful improvement over what I was driving. I've been told it will improve after the first 5000 miles, but already I'm getting 32 mpg around town, so I am quite happy with it. My mom drove it and she is used to bigger cars liked its handling, but said she couldn't ride in it on a long trip. She bought an Optima and loves it. She and I both have more leg room than you could ever want, its very surprising. My dad is 6'4 and he couldn't believe it. I got Automatic with power pkg and I couldn't ask for more for the price just under 15,000.

New Kia Rio
By mathewslw on 05/12/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

We traded a Ford F-150 because of rising fuel cost. What a difference. We bought a fairly basic automatic transmission model. So far we have been very satisfied. Great price too.

New Kia
By Ex SUV owner on 04/23/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I just recently purchased a 2008 Kia Rio and traded in her 01 Ford Escape. She is very happy with the car. It cost her about half to fill the gas tank than it did before and she can drive for almost twice as long. The interior is very sporty with black and red stitched seating. My question is Why would anyone want to buy a base model Rio when the price of a almost fully loaded one isn't much more.

great car
By jeep4wheeler on 04/16/08 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the '08 Kia Rio because of the good gas millage and its dependability. I put about 90 miles a day on my Rio and get 35 mpg. It is fun to drive. This is my first car. I had always owned a truck or SUV but needed the better millage. The only thing I see my Rio needs is maybe a couple of storage compartments at arms reach of the driver.

Great little car
By John on 04/12/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried at first, having made the transition from a full-size 4x4 to a sub-compact, but all is well especially at the pump. I average 3-500 mi. a week and this great little car gets 29 in rush hour, and 33+ on the open road. I like manual transmissions and it was pretty hard to find the one I wanted. This little car has some spunk and I really enjoy driving it around. Seats are nice and the controls are well placed.

Amazing little car
By bootsncigars on 04/03/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle to replace my not so fuel effecient 07 Tuarus.. My first impression was, solid, tight, peppy though not powerful. I enjoy the 6 speaker stereo and power package with heated outside mirrors. Since Cruis control is not an option, I did some research and found a great kit and had it professionally installed, case closed. I'm figuring Im averaging around 27 mixed city and hiway. I haven't taken a long trip yet but hope to get 35 as the sticker says. I had those gawd awful skinny Kumho tires replaced immediately with some more aggressive BF Goodrich T/As. What a difference in handling, BTW, I'm 6 ft 2 in and it has plenty of room for comfortable driving positions..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.