Used 2008 Kia Rio Rio5 SX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Rio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Great Car at a good price
By smalltownsouthernman

2008 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car pre-owned with only 4000 miles on it. I haven't had any problems out of it to date. I do notice that when i drive it after sitting over night the rear brakes tend to be touchy and squeak some. The engine also tends to have a little rattle to it when it is cold. Not sure why it does that but once it warms up it is flawless. it may have something to do with the CVT.

I have had several comments on the sporty interior (SX RIO5). I like the AUX jack for my Iphone, and the sound system sounds decent.

Cruise Control would be nice, lose the plastic trim around the exterior. I noticed they dropped it on the new models for 2010 :). Shorter shifter would make gear changes smoother. Disc Brakes in the rear would be a nice addition to the good brakes already available. A six-speed would make it perfect

Great little car
By John

2008 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was worried at first, having made the transition from a full-size 4x4 to a sub-compact, but all is well especially at the pump. I average 3-500 mi. a week and this great little car gets 29 in rush hour, and 33+ on the open road. I like manual transmissions and it was pretty hard to find the one I wanted. This little car has some spunk and I really enjoy driving it around. Seats are nice and the controls are well placed.

The manual transmission. It's a lot of fun to wind up and let loose, or ease from gear to gear on a winding country road for that weekend drive.

More armrests, and ANTI-LOCK Brakes!!