2008 Kia Rio Sedan 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Great value!
By braindeadunit on 12/28/12 06:53 AM (PST)

2008 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm getting great gas mileage, and despite mixed rated for 29, I'm getting 34+ mpg. The gearing is just about right, giving its power (and efficiency) in all the right places -- with the manual trans you won't feel like you have such a small engine (reviews on internet says the auto can feel sluggish). The car has a lot of nice touches -- arm rest, aux input, stub holder, center console orientation, the list goes on. All of the small things add up to get a comfortable ride. I can't think of any downsides, although friends have reported the back seats feel a bit cramped. I bought it used, and I think when it comes time to buy a new car, I'll go with a Rio (or Hyundai's version, the Accent).

Very happy owner!
By BVF925 on 03/24/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 5-speed Rio brand-new in August 2008 to replace a gas hog of a truck for commuting over 50 miles a day. The average mpg is 38!Who needs a hybrid? The Rio is surprisingly roomy, comfy, fun to drive, smooth ride, good looking, and the best warranty around. This may seem trivial, but the cup holders with the rubbery grips are the best! Other than a small squeak near the sun visor that has since disappeared, it is flawless. It's a little noisy at highway speeds though. I would totally buy another one in a minute.

I Love my Car!
By Misty on 09/29/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Rio at the first of March. I love it while all my friends drive big SUVs and complain about the gas prices, my family of 5 fits in my car just fine and were able to take a vacation this summer while my friends stayed at home. I get 38 miles a gallon! Thank you KIA

Great car!
By LoveMyRio! on 08/21/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Rio to use as a commuter car to/from work. I wasn't sure I would like it but when I test drove it, I was pleasantly surprised. After 2 months, I just hit 3000 miles and I usually get 33-35 mpg. but did get 38.3 last week on a 3 hr. trip!! I love the way the car handles and it is so much fun to drive. Love the way the rear seats fold down too, so much room. Also, love the way they laid out the instrument panel/radio. Very easy to reach and use, much more than any other car I have owned. I LOVE this car and look forward to it lasting a long time. Highly recommend it!