Used 2007 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

The rio that couldn't
By Arkaneinc

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car is July of 2007. Brand new with only 6 miles. I've owned Kia's in the past but nothing like this one. It has the worst gas mileage I've ever experienced. Not all of the 2007 Models are like this. I know of a lot of them that get 40+ MPG. But if your lucky like me then you will find yourself getting 16-18 mpg hwy doing 55-65 mph. If I could go back in time I'd buy a Honda or a Toyota. After taking the car to 5 dealerships they never did fix the problem and have stated they could not find one. You may be one of the lucky ones if you buy this vehicle but there is that other possibility.

Body style and interior

A better looking antenna instead of a roof mounted one. A current mpg readout. And more people in the quality control department

rio 5
By cheryl

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I drive mostly hwy and getting about 38 mpg. Miss power windows and locks, but love the mpg. No problems. Had an Optima for 4 years and had no problems at all either.

MY '07 KIA RIO
By JADAVI2

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! This is my 1st new car. I am very pleased with it. Great price, great car.

The gas mileage

Miss power Windows.

Very nice car
By Brad

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets great mileage and lots of room for the price. Much more stylish than the Yaris or Aveo and much lower sticker price. Not much power, but I was looking for mileage, not power. 6 advanced airbags make me feel safer in such a small car. Brake rotors shimmy but could have been from rough braking in the past. Otherwise, love the car. For the price it seems like the best deal out there.

Exterior appearance, great mileage, good interior room.

Would like cruise control and ABS, but then again, for what I paid, I'm pretty happy to live without them.

I wasn't happy with gas mileage
By LB

2007 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the vehicle in May of last year. It is a cute economical disposable car but, here it is a year later and the car can't pass inspection because there is a bubble in the tire they said from a pothole living in New York. It's a great possibility but, they offered no help to resolve the situation. One of the main reasons for purchasing this particular vehicle was the gas mileage and it gets nowhere near what is says would. When we asked the dealer we were told it was the gas. We use exxon company has been around along time. I will never purchase another Kia again. This is the first time I've had problems like that. They told us exxon gas was bad it doesn't matter what gas it's still bad.

none

I believe they should back whatever products they put on there vehicles since thats what represents them it just seems like there is an excuse for everything.