Used 2007 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Happy Nursing Student
By Kiley

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car Aug 2007. Drove it off the lot with 12 miles on it (now has 40,000miles in 2009). It gets great gas miles and has been very reliable. I bought it to get through nursing school and could not be more pleased (payments are awesome too! Only $230 month). I have heard a lot of negative things about Kia cars and honestly don't know what is so horrible. I graduate in 8 months and will drive my Rio for as long as I can.

It's exterior design is very pleasing to the eye. Cute lil thing. Large trunk for such a small car. **Most importantly, the warranty that I got with the car (nice plus).

STANDARD auto windows, cruise control, and keychain lock would be great! (I can't keep the lug nut covers on the wheel, whats up with that?)

What a Mistake
By Bruce

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I like that way this car handles and that is what sold me. The repair problems have made me decide to get rid of this car after having had it only 10 months. It seems like it's hard to keep ahead of it falling apart. I have never had the misfortune to have ever gotten a car like this before.

Small sporty size and handling.

Make a car that holds up longer than this.

Nothing but Problems
By Mel

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The check engine light has always turned on intermittently. The AC had to be fixed twice within the first 2 years. The brake switch went out at about 2 years so no brake lights worked. Had to drive about 40 mins to get to the closest dealership and Kia would not offer a rental car during all of the warranty work. They insisted that the 30,000 service be done at 28,000 miles or they would stop providing warranty work. Now engine won't start half the time and it just reached 30,000 miles.

Exterior design

An engine, AC and electrical equipment that lasts more than 2 years.

Bad on gas
By bootsr1

2007 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was a horrible purchase. Terrible MPG 16-18 max. Brakes shot @ less then 9,000 miles in the shop 9 times for charging problem. This car looks ok, highly overrated!

Kia Rio 07...actually love it
By iamninja41

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I went from an 03 impala to an 07 Rio. Lots of loss in room, But much more gained in MPG and Reliability. Definitely not a family car, but for a high school or college student, work car, or first car, this is perfect. Cheap off the lot, cheap on gas, NOT cheaply made. An extremely nice car. Definitely not luxury, but who needs that expensive stuff anyways.

Nice sound system for stock. Comfortable and smooth drive. GREAT on gas. Body styling is not bad at all.

Make power windows and locks STANDARD. I can make do without them, but they are really nice to have.