2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Better than I expected
By eap on 04/21/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Drives better on the highway than I thought it would for a small car-I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of effect on the car when semi trucks passes me or I passes semi trucks-I expected to be pushed around on the road more than I was

Love it
By deb126 on 03/02/08 10:46 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Really love the Kia cars, we own two now, just bought a 2008 Spectra after purchasing a 2007 Rio 2 months ago, now we both have Kias and we love them.

Kia Rio-1 sweet ride
By Merlin on 02/25/08 06:51 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sweet, fun to drive, ecomomical and good-looking little car. I have had good service experience and am very happy with my choice of this car.

Rio LX, Great 2nd Car!
By clnels-dfw on 02/21/08 20:08 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a new Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd last Fall. And although I love driving the vehicle, I'm not thrilled with my mileage. I spent one night looking on the net for a "get about town" car and found the Rio. Love this little gem. A fun car to drive and 30+ mpg city. Sometimes miss the bells and whistles (my seat warmers and power door locks) but this car is a blast! Great heater, surprising trunk space. Add a good window tint, and it has a great look. Not "budget" at all; a real bargain. Remains to be seen about reliability, and the A/C. But with the great warranty, I'm just not worried. Not my choice for a long road trip, except for mileage.

Disappointed
By liv2fsh on 12/29/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car for 1 year and what a mistake. Should have stayed w/Hyundai Accent but they didn't offer a 4dr hatch. Have had a constant speed sensor problem on the auto trans. The car is slow, handles poorly in the snow and less than good gas mileage. Avg 28 combined city/hywy. Should get better mileage w/such a small engine.

Decent budget car
By Leadfoot on 10/01/07 04:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the better budget cars. Decent gas mileage at a greatly affordable price. I'm 6'1" and have no problem fitting in. With the leadfoot I have my gas is still 32 mpg. The problem I have is the power. It can not pull its own weight up a hill without having to downshift even at 65 mph and at lower speeds on a hill it searches for a gear constantly.

Not Just a Sporty Economy Car
By Don K on 09/21/07 00:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just sit in one. This model has a nice sporty interior. Leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter. Sport stitched seating. The exterior is sporty with a unique look not to be mistaken for all the other models out there in it's class. Though it's not going to win any races, it is fun to drive. It handles well and sticks to the road. It's a compact car, so the ride is a little bumpy. It has front and side front airbags as standard safety equipment.

Best economy car choice
By digitaldrifter on 08/01/07 19:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Rio for a few months now, and still love it as much as when I bought it. I test drove an Elantra just before I drove the Rio, and I didn't notice any difference in the ride or power. The 5 speed manual is a blast, with a light clutch, and the engine really starts kicking when over 3500 rpm. The suspension is excellent, as is the fuel economy. It is noticeably taller than most other cars, making you feel more like you're driving a van than an economy car. It has more interior room than the Toyota Corolla.

Big car - little money
By Anthony on 08/01/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Kia Rio to replace my aging Mazda Protege as a daily commuting car. I needed a car with good gas mileage, great air and a CD/FM/AM unit. I got a great car for little money. The Chevy Cobalt was considered along with the Rio and after having driven both, I am more than impressed with the Kia. Sure, it only has a 1.6 liter engine with 110 hp, but the VVT engine really does a great job. The interior may be cheap compared to the Hondas and Toyotas of this world, but then that's reflected in the price. Yet it is a darn site better than the Cobalt which has some really *scary* plastics inside and looks nasty too. The Rio is a bif car for really not much money!

Great Car For The Price
By Brandonaf46 on 07/28/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I had an old beater before I bought my Kia Rio thinking I was saving money by not buying a new car. When I found out I could get a brand new car for about the same I was paying in repairs to my old car I was sold. The car has enough pick up to get going and a small enough engine to get great gas mileage. Not to mention the warranty is amazing. I recommend this vehicle for anyone who was a good, reliable car that doesn't cost them an arm and a leg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.