2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
What a Mistake
By Bruce on 06/03/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I like that way this car handles and that is what sold me. The repair problems have made me decide to get rid of this car after having had it only 10 months. It seems like it's hard to keep ahead of it falling apart. I have never had the misfortune to have ever gotten a car like this before.

Nothing but Problems
By Mel on 04/30/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The check engine light has always turned on intermittently. The AC had to be fixed twice within the first 2 years. The brake switch went out at about 2 years so no brake lights worked. Had to drive about 40 mins to get to the closest dealership and Kia would not offer a rental car during all of the warranty work. They insisted that the 30,000 service be done at 28,000 miles or they would stop providing warranty work. Now engine won't start half the time and it just reached 30,000 miles.

Bad on gas
By bootsr1 on 12/04/08 00:43 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was a horrible purchase. Terrible MPG 16-18 max. Brakes shot @ less then 9,000 miles in the shop 9 times for charging problem. This car looks ok, highly overrated!

Kia Rio 07...actually love it
By iamninja41 on 09/02/08 22:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I went from an 03 impala to an 07 Rio. Lots of loss in room, But much more gained in MPG and Reliability. Definitely not a family car, but for a high school or college student, work car, or first car, this is perfect. Cheap off the lot, cheap on gas, NOT cheaply made. An extremely nice car. Definitely not luxury, but who needs that expensive stuff anyways.

The rio that couldn't
By Arkaneinc on 08/01/08 04:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car is July of 2007. Brand new with only 6 miles. I've owned Kia's in the past but nothing like this one. It has the worst gas mileage I've ever experienced. Not all of the 2007 Models are like this. I know of a lot of them that get 40+ MPG. But if your lucky like me then you will find yourself getting 16-18 mpg hwy doing 55-65 mph. If I could go back in time I'd buy a Honda or a Toyota. After taking the car to 5 dealerships they never did fix the problem and have stated they could not find one. You may be one of the lucky ones if you buy this vehicle but there is that other possibility.

rio 5
By cheryl on 07/19/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I drive mostly hwy and getting about 38 mpg. Miss power windows and locks, but love the mpg. No problems. Had an Optima for 4 years and had no problems at all either.

MY '07 KIA RIO
By JADAVI2 on 06/19/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! This is my 1st new car. I am very pleased with it. Great price, great car.

Very nice car
By Brad on 06/19/08 05:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets great mileage and lots of room for the price. Much more stylish than the Yaris or Aveo and much lower sticker price. Not much power, but I was looking for mileage, not power. 6 advanced airbags make me feel safer in such a small car. Brake rotors shimmy but could have been from rough braking in the past. Otherwise, love the car. For the price it seems like the best deal out there.

I wasn't happy with gas mileage
By LB on 06/04/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the vehicle in May of last year. It is a cute economical disposable car but, here it is a year later and the car can't pass inspection because there is a bubble in the tire they said from a pothole living in New York. It's a great possibility but, they offered no help to resolve the situation. One of the main reasons for purchasing this particular vehicle was the gas mileage and it gets nowhere near what is says would. When we asked the dealer we were told it was the gas. We use exxon company has been around along time. I will never purchase another Kia again. This is the first time I've had problems like that. They told us exxon gas was bad it doesn't matter what gas it's still bad.

Kia does not stand by their warranty!
By Lindsey S. on 06/02/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My Kia Rio5 has been in the shop this past month 5 times for the same issue! Kia will only approve the minimal amount of repairs and has yet to fix my vehicle. For the last month, I have been without my car and after the engine and oxygen sensor has been replaced, the vehicle is still broken. What does Kia say??? Nothing. They will not return my phone calls. Whats the use of a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, if Kia will not make good on it! Don't buy Kia! The cars are cute and fuel efficient, but not dependable and Kia does not stand behind their product!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.