Used 2007 Kia Rio Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Excellent Car
By Michiganpastor

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new and now have over 106,000 miles on it. I've had almost no problems. I replaced 2 wheel bearings and just now changed the front brake pads which still had life in them! I changed the timing belt at 60,000 by choice. It hadn't broken. That's it. Everything else (except the tires) are original. Gas mileage is low 30s. They told me I'd get 40mpg but that doesn't happen. I have an automatic by the way. And yesterday I hit a deer broadside at 55 mph and the car just kept on going! Never even knocked it out of lane. I was flabbergasted. It's $3100 in damage but I can still drive it. So far it's been one of the best cars I ever bought.

Reliability. It's been amazing.

Find a way to up the gas mileage. It's not bad but something this small should do at least high 30s on the highway. Oh, and the option for a outside temperature gauge and compass would be nice too!

In love with my little Rio!
By rachelheartsrio

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 17,000 miles on it. In 8 months of my long commute, I'm up to 31,000- with no problems! This car is sporty, fun to drive, and very reliable. The design is exactly what I was looking for- compact, but cute and spacious on the inside. I get compliments all the time, and I love to brag about the great gas mileage and performance of this little car. My only complaint is it struggles over the passes (I live in Colorado), but I think any 4 cylinder would! All in all this is an excellent vehicle-- great value for your money!

The arm rest for the driver is a nice feature. I also love how spacious the interior is! I can comfortably fit 4 adults. The sound system is also very nice, considering it's the original factory installed one. Great quality!

Honestly I'm very pleased with my little car! Can't think of anything I would change.

I love this little car!
By Mom of two

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This little car has continued to impress. My SX Rio5 had the power and sport packages which turned heads. It has been SO FUN TO DRIVE, so sporty/adorable and the gas mileage is the envy of all my friends and complete strangers who ask and gasp about the excellent MPG! I have enjoyed this car for three years now and have been spoiled by my exceptional dealership. Whenever taking my car in for warranty service or an oil change, I'd get a complimentary ride to work and back; they'd even give me a free car wash and replace lightbulbs in a jiffy. I now find myself needing a roomier car (minivan w/ a growing family of 4). I'm sad to let go of my trusty friend; he was so reliable and kept me safe!

Highway driving, MPG, Sporty and adorable look and feel, fun to drive and can park anywhere. In winter, heats up fast and safe on snow/ice. It is the perfect little car that you can take anywhere and not feel pretentious but still look and feel cool driving it. So SAFE & RELIABLE - more than a man!!

A couple years into ownership, I bought bad gas from a crummy gas station (bad side of town); I think it had water in it. It messed up the engine, 4th cylinder, and had to have it replaced. The dealership fixed it but not sure if it was an engine issue or gas issue. They fixed airbag light defect.

rio 5
By cheryl

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I drive mostly hwy and getting about 38 mpg. Miss power windows and locks, but love the mpg. No problems. Had an Optima for 4 years and had no problems at all either.

Kia does not stand by their warranty!
By Lindsey S.

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My Kia Rio5 has been in the shop this past month 5 times for the same issue! Kia will only approve the minimal amount of repairs and has yet to fix my vehicle. For the last month, I have been without my car and after the engine and oxygen sensor has been replaced, the vehicle is still broken. What does Kia say??? Nothing. They will not return my phone calls. Whats the use of a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, if Kia will not make good on it! Don't buy Kia! The cars are cute and fuel efficient, but not dependable and Kia does not stand behind their product!

Actually make good on the warranty that is built into the price of the car.