2007 Kia Rio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Excellent Car
By Michiganpastor on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new and now have over 106,000 miles on it. I've had almost no problems. I replaced 2 wheel bearings and just now changed the front brake pads which still had life in them! I changed the timing belt at 60,000 by choice. It hadn't broken. That's it. Everything else (except the tires) are original. Gas mileage is low 30s. They told me I'd get 40mpg but that doesn't happen. I have an automatic by the way. And yesterday I hit a deer broadside at 55 mph and the car just kept on going! Never even knocked it out of lane. I was flabbergasted. It's $3100 in damage but I can still drive it. So far it's been one of the best cars I ever bought.

In love with my little Rio!
By rachelheartsrio on 07/14/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 17,000 miles on it. In 8 months of my long commute, I'm up to 31,000- with no problems! This car is sporty, fun to drive, and very reliable. The design is exactly what I was looking for- compact, but cute and spacious on the inside. I get compliments all the time, and I love to brag about the great gas mileage and performance of this little car. My only complaint is it struggles over the passes (I live in Colorado), but I think any 4 cylinder would! All in all this is an excellent vehicle-- great value for your money!

I love this little car!
By Mom of two on 02/21/10 01:08 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This little car has continued to impress. My SX Rio5 had the power and sport packages which turned heads. It has been SO FUN TO DRIVE, so sporty/adorable and the gas mileage is the envy of all my friends and complete strangers who ask and gasp about the excellent MPG! I have enjoyed this car for three years now and have been spoiled by my exceptional dealership. Whenever taking my car in for warranty service or an oil change, I'd get a complimentary ride to work and back; they'd even give me a free car wash and replace lightbulbs in a jiffy. I now find myself needing a roomier car (minivan w/ a growing family of 4). I'm sad to let go of my trusty friend; he was so reliable and kept me safe!

rio 5
By cheryl on 07/19/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I drive mostly hwy and getting about 38 mpg. Miss power windows and locks, but love the mpg. No problems. Had an Optima for 4 years and had no problems at all either.

Kia does not stand by their warranty!
By Lindsey S. on 06/02/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My Kia Rio5 has been in the shop this past month 5 times for the same issue! Kia will only approve the minimal amount of repairs and has yet to fix my vehicle. For the last month, I have been without my car and after the engine and oxygen sensor has been replaced, the vehicle is still broken. What does Kia say??? Nothing. They will not return my phone calls. Whats the use of a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, if Kia will not make good on it! Don't buy Kia! The cars are cute and fuel efficient, but not dependable and Kia does not stand behind their product!

Better than I expected
By eap on 04/21/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Drives better on the highway than I thought it would for a small car-I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of effect on the car when semi trucks passes me or I passes semi trucks-I expected to be pushed around on the road more than I was

Disappointed
By liv2fsh on 12/29/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car for 1 year and what a mistake. Should have stayed w/Hyundai Accent but they didn't offer a 4dr hatch. Have had a constant speed sensor problem on the auto trans. The car is slow, handles poorly in the snow and less than good gas mileage. Avg 28 combined city/hywy. Should get better mileage w/such a small engine.

Not Just a Sporty Economy Car
By Don K on 09/21/07 00:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just sit in one. This model has a nice sporty interior. Leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter. Sport stitched seating. The exterior is sporty with a unique look not to be mistaken for all the other models out there in it's class. Though it's not going to win any races, it is fun to drive. It handles well and sticks to the road. It's a compact car, so the ride is a little bumpy. It has front and side front airbags as standard safety equipment.

Excellent Car in its Class
By mwide on 06/15/07 19:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia Rio5 SX is actually a fine car. The mileage has been excellent (though not quite what I'd expect), the ride is very good and the design is really eye-pleasing. Overall, no one who has been in and seen this car can believe that it is a Kia and that it comes in at such a low cost.

Kia has another winner in its hands
By mdibenedettosr on 05/02/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Wagon Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Rio5, it's great on fuel and it handles the road like a BMW. The styling inside and out is very nice. I love the black interior with the triple stitched red thread. I got my car in the sunset orange which really pops in the sunlight.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.