Used 2007 Kia Rio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Great car but...
By h2oelemental

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, it gets great mileage and until recently it was very reliable. I put 30-36K miles a year on my car and do a lot of stop and go driving. I have over 166K on my car. In the past 3 yrs we have had to replace 3 ignition coils, both O2 sensors and now we have to replace the catalytic converter. She also tends to eat front tires. Constantly out of alignment. She has done very well overall and if possible will buy another Kia. Considering the kind of driving I do, she had held up very well.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Comfort, inexpensive to drive overall, great heater, A/C, safety features

Excellent car for the money
By rctpeel

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Rio5 new with 9km on it. I drove many comperable models from different mfg including Chev Aveo, Toyota, Dodge Caliber etc. I was impressed with the handling and jump for such a small car. I've had no issues with summer or winter driving. I've been religious with oil changes but haven't had to do anything major. Just recently at 70K did I have to replace the set of belts before a long trip. If I had to pick at something, it would be the OEM Kuho tires. My front set only lasted about 40K. Warranty is great (8 yrs, 160K km) although nothing has gone wrong. Orig brakes still have 40-50% left on them and still getting close to 450km on 40L of gas. An excellent car for the money!

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Tires.

i love my kia rio
By racahellee97

2007 Kia Rio Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

i never ever though i would drive a small car again after getting hit and hurt in a bad car accident a few years ago. i have a suburban but the high cost of gas prompted me to look into a new car. I bought a used 2007 kia rio in march and i could not be happier!!! i adore my car. the color, the gas mileage, the compliments i get, the glares when i fill my tank for less than $35. its very fun, very sporty and puts a huge smile on my face when i get to sit in it. i never though i would ever drive a small car again, but with all my air bags, i wont be looking back.

Favorite Features

i love everything! i dont have any automatic anything on it, just the basics, and i am ine with that. i love that it came with tinted windows and a cd player since i have kids and they love their music. i love that the dealer calls it a bubble car with all the air bags. being a bit scared to drive a smaller car, that really helps. and fillinf up my tank for $35 really beats $150 in my suburban. i adore my baby

Suggested Improvements

the only issue i have with my kia is that it shakes when i hit over 75 mph on the freeway. but we figured out that i need new tires. once i get those, ill be just fine.

Van Devere>does not honor rust warranty
By dave

2007 Kia Rio Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This Kia Rio rusted out within 3 years! Took it to the dealer. Van Devere in Akron, Ohio West Market St will not honor warranty on rust protection. DO NOT BUY A KIA RIO. Korean junk!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Honor your warranty on rust protection

Piece of junk
By frustrated

2007 Kia Rio Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in hopes of having a reliable vehicle for once. Day 1 02 sensor went out. 9 months later electrical problems. Went through 4 Cruise controls in 1 year because Kia kept putting the same one in. Went to private custom shop they put a better one in and told me that my car was destroying the Cruise because the car and Cruise control were not compatible. 2 years running lights and fog lights to make sure they are on I have to tap them before I drive away. Handles horrible in the winter. Gets worse gas mileage than the car I traded in for 1995 Dodge intrepid. I got 28 the first month of owning this car now I am lucky if I get 18 mpg. Everyone one I see I say stay away from Kia!

Favorite Features

the outside of the car looks cool and the interior is sporty (i have the sports package) i like my spoiler and my pedals.

Suggested Improvements

standard pwr locks/windows. better control. more power. better gas mileage. standard cruise control that is compatible with the car. better electrical and better warranty don't just plug it in and say oh nothings wrong with it. also when my 02 sensor went out they told me it was my gas cap!