2007 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Great car but...
By h2oelemental on 10/14/12 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, it gets great mileage and until recently it was very reliable. I put 30-36K miles a year on my car and do a lot of stop and go driving. I have over 166K on my car. In the past 3 yrs we have had to replace 3 ignition coils, both O2 sensors and now we have to replace the catalytic converter. She also tends to eat front tires. Constantly out of alignment. She has done very well overall and if possible will buy another Kia. Considering the kind of driving I do, she had held up very well.

Excellent car for the money
By rctpeel on 08/15/11 12:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Rio5 new with 9km on it. I drove many comperable models from different mfg including Chev Aveo, Toyota, Dodge Caliber etc. I was impressed with the handling and jump for such a small car. I've had no issues with summer or winter driving. I've been religious with oil changes but haven't had to do anything major. Just recently at 70K did I have to replace the set of belts before a long trip. If I had to pick at something, it would be the OEM Kuho tires. My front set only lasted about 40K. Warranty is great (8 yrs, 160K km) although nothing has gone wrong. Orig brakes still have 40-50% left on them and still getting close to 450km on 40L of gas. An excellent car for the money!

i love my kia rio
By racahellee97 on 07/17/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

i never ever though i would drive a small car again after getting hit and hurt in a bad car accident a few years ago. i have a suburban but the high cost of gas prompted me to look into a new car. I bought a used 2007 kia rio in march and i could not be happier!!! i adore my car. the color, the gas mileage, the compliments i get, the glares when i fill my tank for less than $35. its very fun, very sporty and puts a huge smile on my face when i get to sit in it. i never though i would ever drive a small car again, but with all my air bags, i wont be looking back.

Van Devere>does not honor rust warranty
By dave on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This Kia Rio rusted out within 3 years! Took it to the dealer. Van Devere in Akron, Ohio West Market St will not honor warranty on rust protection. DO NOT BUY A KIA RIO. Korean junk!!

Piece of junk
By frustrated on 05/20/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in hopes of having a reliable vehicle for once. Day 1 02 sensor went out. 9 months later electrical problems. Went through 4 Cruise controls in 1 year because Kia kept putting the same one in. Went to private custom shop they put a better one in and told me that my car was destroying the Cruise because the car and Cruise control were not compatible. 2 years running lights and fog lights to make sure they are on I have to tap them before I drive away. Handles horrible in the winter. Gets worse gas mileage than the car I traded in for 1995 Dodge intrepid. I got 28 the first month of owning this car now I am lucky if I get 18 mpg. Everyone one I see I say stay away from Kia!

It's good for the price
By Jim on 04/21/10 02:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Kia was purchased in July of 2007 brand new, I Have put over 85,000 miles on the car and only had it in the shop once for a timing belt going out at 72,000 miles (didn't realize they were only designed to last 60,000) pricey repair, but other wise the car has been fantastic as I have a rather long commute to work at 55 miles each way. I average 39 mpg between city and highway with the 5 speed manual transmission. The only real Issue I have with the car is that it was purchased with no AC in the Arizona desert, and it is uncomfortable for long trips, after about 2 hours behind the wheel it starts getting a uncomfortable and I need to stop and get out of the car.

Happy Nursing Student
By Kiley on 06/03/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car Aug 2007. Drove it off the lot with 12 miles on it (now has 40,000miles in 2009). It gets great gas miles and has been very reliable. I bought it to get through nursing school and could not be more pleased (payments are awesome too! Only $230 month). I have heard a lot of negative things about Kia cars and honestly don't know what is so horrible. I graduate in 8 months and will drive my Rio for as long as I can.

What a Mistake
By Bruce on 06/03/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I like that way this car handles and that is what sold me. The repair problems have made me decide to get rid of this car after having had it only 10 months. It seems like it's hard to keep ahead of it falling apart. I have never had the misfortune to have ever gotten a car like this before.

Nothing but Problems
By Mel on 04/30/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The check engine light has always turned on intermittently. The AC had to be fixed twice within the first 2 years. The brake switch went out at about 2 years so no brake lights worked. Had to drive about 40 mins to get to the closest dealership and Kia would not offer a rental car during all of the warranty work. They insisted that the 30,000 service be done at 28,000 miles or they would stop providing warranty work. Now engine won't start half the time and it just reached 30,000 miles.

Bad on gas
By bootsr1 on 12/04/08 00:43 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was a horrible purchase. Terrible MPG 16-18 max. Brakes shot @ less then 9,000 miles in the shop 9 times for charging problem. This car looks ok, highly overrated!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.