Killed one, going on another!
By adoom on
2006 Kia Rio 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I had a used 2006 Rio5 for a short bit before getting t-boned in a winter storm. The offender was a dodge caravan making an illegal left turn. The Rio took the hit well, with little damage to me...but the car was a write-off. After much searching for a new car, I ended up buying the exact same model. The Rio5 is great on gas, the 5sp is peppy enough to be fun. The spare tire cover is crap, I recommend buying a piece of plywood to cover it. The balljoints in the 3 kia rio5's that I have driven have all needed replacing.
Favorite Features
My Favourite Features are the fuel economy, the 5spd transmission, and the back seat. Somehow my 6'2" teenagers can fit in the back no problem. The fuel economy averages well over 30 mpg, and the 5sp tranny is peppy enough to be fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Suggested improvements would have to be the belts and the ball joints. I have driven 3 rio5's, all 3 needed new ball joints, 2 needed new power steering belts. Also the paint chips toooo easy and the car will rust instantly after the chip.