2006 Kia Rio 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Car, Great Value, Great

2006 Kia Rio - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car, Great Value, Great MPG!
By Keith on

2006 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Was planning on buying a Honda Civic, but after test driving this '06 Rio, it seemed to be an equal in quality car, but cost $3k to $4k less than comparable Honda Civic. I've put 7,000 miles in 5 mo. So what if no power windows? I can reach across and hand crank the windows with ease! It developed a leak under the frontal area @ 32K miles. KIA dealer replaced seal, still leaked. KIA dealer then replace WHOLE TRANSMISSION @ NO COST TO ME!!! Their warranty is the REAL DEAL! I won't hesitate to buy another KIA. I consistently get 30 mpg in town and at least 35 mpg on highway. I added power locks and cruise for < $600. I LIKE MY '06 KIA RIO!!!

Favorite Features

Peppy engine (w/5 spd. tranny). Sound system, fold down armrest for driver. Remote levers for fuel door & trunk. VERY QUIET RIDE. I'm 5'10" & 220#. VERY COMFORTABLE RIDE!

Suggested Improvements

I added power locks & cruise control for comfort & convenience. I added tinted windows & spoiler for a sport look. Total aftermarket cost = $800. MONEY WELL SPENT!!!