Used 2006 Kia Rio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Toyota Yaris Quality for a Kia Rio Price
By AndyH

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove Toyota Yaris and the Kia Rio appeared to be a more refined and substantial ride. Out the door at $11,000 for an "06 LX Automatic with 500 miles vs. $15K+ for a Toyota Yaris with automatic made this an easy decision. 6 airbags for safety and a cute design on the exterior made this a perfect car for my daughter.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Interior fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Make power windows and door locks standard equipment.

Great little car
By Rapid

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I own a Camry but looked for a good car for my daughter. The Rio is outstanding. It's not a Camry but it is absolutely outstanding for its class. The value is unbeatable and to top it off, the warranty is icing on the cake. I test drove a 2002 Protege and it was not as smooth as the Rio.

Favorite Features

Smooth handling, smart looks, 6 air bags, warranty, value.

Suggested Improvements

Anyone who complains about the Rio not having equipment equivalent to the more expensive cars "just don't get it". It doesn't have power windows,locks or cruise control but SO WHAT! It's a quality, safe car. I have NOTHING negative to say about it.

Love this car
By chris pienkowski

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It is cute and comfortable with good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

I love the sound system and the general looks of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The LX addition requires no changes that I can see.

best for traffic
By victoria

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

LOVE this car far better than my 500SL Benz. Been rear ended twice and I rear ended someone - all under 15 MPH. All times the Kia literally bounced off without a scratch thanks to its wrap around black bumper and compact solid body. EXCELLENT in heavy traffic and easy to cut in and out quickly if needed.

Favorite Features

All around airbags, comfort seats, general safety, easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great car for the $$
By Ryan Wern

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used in November of '06 simply for a commuter. I was just looking for a cheap car to get me to work and back and not kill me with gas prices being high. I was BLOWN AWAY with this car. It has great performance all around considering the small engine and low hp, and the mpg is very close to what Kia said it was. With just me in it, I average 37 mpg highway, which is all I really drive with it. I'm used to driving high horsepower American made trucks, so for me to actually say this thing has some power means something. Stock stereo is above average for any car, and the trunk is massive. I would recommend this car any day.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior (I have tinted windows also) and looks good enough that I don't feel like a geek driving it. Nice interior layout, sporty feeling seats, good stereo system, plenty of power, and of course great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality plastics on the inside, it looks and feels kinda cheap. The seats are ok for medium distance commutes, but we just drove ours 400 miles and they killed my back.