2006 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Enjoying my Kia Rio
By Connie on 10/24/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Haven't had my Rio not quite a month but I am enjoying it. I tried out all the small cars and found this one to be the quietest, and most enjoyable. Had a 04 Dodge Caravan and it drives just as good and holds the road in all weather conditions and even holds the road passing a big truck. It doesn't sway like the 02 Camry I had. Can't believe how good they are making the new small cars now. Inside feels like I'm in a large car. Have plenty of room for all my stuff. The 4 door beat the hatchback as far as space. Get about 32 miles to the gallon. But only have 6 hundred miles on it, hope will get better with time. Mine is the basic no electric windows or locks. Found out I can do without them

A Great car
By BHunter on 10/19/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My first car I ever bought and I love it to death. I'm in the process of trying to upgrade it as far as performance and found a few things. But it's still a new car so there's not much out there for now. But it's still a great car through and through.

Surprisingly impressed!
By Doug Madaga on 09/30/06 05:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

First look at the Rio and I thought "not bad". Sat in the car and said, "not bad". Went for a test ride and said, "WOW"! Quite an impressive ride for a small economy class. Good looks, good price, superb handling and great gas mileage. With the solid warranty the car is virtually maintenance free for many years. Indeed I was surprisingly impressed!

Better than I thought.
By Steve Chase on 08/09/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is easy to drive and park. I like the pick up the engine has, rides smooth, the air conditioning is great, cools down fast - living in Florida thats a real plus. Also like how the floor mats stay in place. Has a lot bigger trunk than I thought it would.

The right balance
By Rob on 08/07/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think Kia did a great job on finding the right balance between looks, safety, fuel economy and price. You usually have to trade gas economy for looks or price for safety. I have to drive 100 miles a day and this car gets me there as cheap as possible through initial cost and gas mileage. I have fun getting to work too.

Not a bad car
By xntexan on 06/27/06 18:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Pretty good car for the money. Auto transmission very sluggish, but the manual has decent performance. Comfortable ride but excessive road noise. Great fuel economy and spacious for small car. The interior panels are a bit cheap, scratch easily. Plenty of safety features. Overall I highly recommend for an economy car.

Kia Rio
By Taralyn on 06/16/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had this car few days and I already love it! It's my first car and I'm very happy with it. It's cute and fun to drive. The gas mileage is wonderful. It gets me where I need to go and saves money on gas. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a fuel efficient car.

Rikki's Rio
By Rikki Nelson on 05/18/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This little card is absolutely great. Great ride and very dependable. Great on gas too!

Quick, Quiet, Quality
By Charlie in KY on 05/15/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned for 5 months now, this car has proven its more than I initially expected. It has a peppy engine, good mileage (28 in town) very easy to drive and park. And with all the standard airbags and the great 100,000 mile warranty, I am looking forward on having this car for many years.

LX Kia 5 Speed Best in class....
By tcip on 05/04/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Huge improvements over 05 model. Great gas mileage. Very quiet at stand still. Car sits high up for a compact. Very roomy on the inside; has great handling around corners and turning radius. Kia has the competition beat; best in class model. Aggressive European styling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.