2006 Kia Rio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Very Basic Transportation
By Charles Seale on 09/22/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia Rio 5 on Jan. 3, 2006. I bought it because at the time it was all I could afford. Let me start out by telling you the good stuff: It's cute and has 100,000 mile warranty. That's about it. The reviewers talk about performance features and such. The car is a slug. Going up a long incline (even with overdrive turned off) is a loud and exhausting experience. The gas mileage is no where near what Kia advertises. I was told the absolute minimum gas mileage was 32 in the city. Try 22 mpg. I am a conservative driver and keep very careful records, so I am quite certain about that number. The car is very cramped; driving it for more than an hour will wear you out

sweet, silent, smooth
By kia jerry on 06/21/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

What a car for $15,000 dollars with performance package and floor mats. I think I died and went to heaven! Even quiet and stable on highway with cross winds. Haven't found anything I would change yet, except it could use ten more ponies. Such a joy to look at and drive. On-line reviews led me to this car. When I drove by my dealer and saw this beautiful sunset orange SX facing me, I knew I had to have it. Of course the fantastic warranty was another selling point. Lack of cruise was not an issue for me.

Kia Rio 5 SX - So far so good
By NH_Owner on 05/23/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just picked up my loaded Rio 5 SX. Had to special order it since I wanted the Sunset Orange with Power Package and 4 wheel disk brakes. It's a pleasure to drive and I actually look forward to driving to and from work each day again. Put some mileage on it in just a few days (400+ miles). Drives fine in heavy rain (we're getting soaked in NH).

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
By Busters Dad on 04/30/06 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I just love it love it love it Handles great, holds the road, well soundproofed.

Happily Surprised!
By LL on 04/12/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I was on a very tight budget and looking to buy a new car, almost certain that I couldn't get a "real" car. After researching a lot I bought the Kia Rio SX and let me tell you, this car is amazing! Drives very smooth, looks good and feels like an amazing car when you drive it. I highly recommend it. It is a very Fun car to own, and wonderful when it's time to go to the pump.

Mans 2nd Best Friend!
By Kia Pet on 04/10/06 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I've now had my little Kia Rio 5 for over 3 months and just love it. This vehicle is a wonderful value and I feel really safe driving it in the city or on the highway. I get about 40 miles per gallon and that is really important because I drive about 18,000 to 20,000 miles a year. I had another Kia before this and put 200,000 miles on my old Kia Sephia. I hope everyone figures out that Kia builds a great product at the very best price.

Wow
By Matt on 03/17/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Kia has really outdone themselves. As a first time buyer of a Kia I was pretty impressed at how much bang you get for your buck. My insurance only went up 40 dollars with it being fully covered, which is great. From past models I was skeptical, now I am a proud owner of one of these fine machines.

fun
By bestedt on 03/01/06 18:26 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A really fun car to drive.The comfort of the ride is like a bigger car. Oh by the way, the gas mileage is wonderful.

Great car, fun to drive!
By MikeT on 02/10/06 00:53 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Kia in 8 years. The quality just keeps on getting better! I had the original 2001 Kia Rio, it was economical and cute, nothing exciting but great value with the warranty. Last month I traded in my 2004 Spectra for the Rio 5 SX. I instantly fell in love with the metal pedals, leather wrapped steering wheel and comfortable cloth. I am 6'3" and felt more room in the Rio then in the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic I tested earlier in the week. Plenty of leg space and high roof give this car a spacious feel to it. The engine is spirited and peppy. Much more power then you would expect from a 1.6 Litre 110 hp engine. Summary: Great looks in and out, comfy, powerful. plenty of airbags!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.