2006 Kia Rio Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
I was expecting too much
By joudain on 04/11/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My family laughed when I told them I was getting a Kia. It had such good reviews and I was looking for an affordable car. Well, barely two years late, I am laughing right with them. First my car stalls at a stop light. I managed to drive it to a dealership - my board had to be replaced. 2nd just happened yesterday. My car got overheated on the freeway on the way home - this is the first time in my life I had to have it towed! I cannot recommend this car to anybody. I wish I can turn back time and get a Toyota or Honda instead. No thanks, Kia, never again!

Pretty good basic car
By Julia on 03/10/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I had my rio for 2 years almost exactly and it had 50,000 miles on it! It still ran great but I did keep having problems with the battery. I had to get 3 within that period of time and the third was malfunctioning. That didnt really bother me since it was easily fixed, covered by warranty and there were no other problems. The ride is noisy and random passengers would always think a window was cracked from wind noise. I was warned of that and it didnt matter to me. I liked the interior actually and thought it looked cool and cleaned well. Gas mileage was not nearly as good as expected. If possible spend more get civic, much better quality and gas mileage. But this is good for the money.

Kia - Excellent First Foreign Car
By Robert on 11/08/07 12:01 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia LX is the first foreign car I have ever purchased. I usually bought Dodge or Ford. Not any more. At age 52 I bought this car for the gas mileage and 100,000 mile warranty. Not one problem since I bought it.

My Mistake
By maryannescott on 07/01/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At 16,000 miles the battery lost a cell and left me stranded. I had the battery replaced at the dealership with out any problems,but they used another kia battery that will only last another 2 years. At 17,035 miles the transmission has started to lock up/over heat the car, will not go into overdrive and would'nt go in to 2nd gear. I will be having it towed on monday. I had called the dealer from the road saturday and they could not help me w/a loaner car or help arrange for a rental. I had a mechanic check the trans. flui d and had 2 other people witness that it was full and we checked 3 times. I am sure it is a weak defective part just as the battery was.

Love My Rio
By sempercool16 on 03/04/07 13:15 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car and I bought it with my parents. It is the perfect car for me. I have a job and I go to school it is very enjoyable to drive. I mainly use it for around town, but seldom go highway. Its a peppy little car for its small little Kia engine. But its very fun to drive. Above all great car.

Toyota Yaris Quality for a Kia Rio Price
By AndyH on 12/22/06 02:39 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove Toyota Yaris and the Kia Rio appeared to be a more refined and substantial ride. Out the door at $11,000 for an "06 LX Automatic with 500 miles vs. $15K+ for a Toyota Yaris with automatic made this an easy decision. 6 airbags for safety and a cute design on the exterior made this a perfect car for my daughter.

Great little car
By Rapid on 12/19/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I own a Camry but looked for a good car for my daughter. The Rio is outstanding. It's not a Camry but it is absolutely outstanding for its class. The value is unbeatable and to top it off, the warranty is icing on the cake. I test drove a 2002 Protege and it was not as smooth as the Rio.

Love this car
By chris pienkowski on 12/09/06 08:40 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It is cute and comfortable with good gas mileage.

best for traffic
By victoria on 12/04/06 19:55 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

LOVE this car far better than my 500SL Benz. Been rear ended twice and I rear ended someone - all under 15 MPH. All times the Kia literally bounced off without a scratch thanks to its wrap around black bumper and compact solid body. EXCELLENT in heavy traffic and easy to cut in and out quickly if needed.

Great car for the $$
By Ryan Wern on 11/23/06 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Rio Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used in November of '06 simply for a commuter. I was just looking for a cheap car to get me to work and back and not kill me with gas prices being high. I was BLOWN AWAY with this car. It has great performance all around considering the small engine and low hp, and the mpg is very close to what Kia said it was. With just me in it, I average 37 mpg highway, which is all I really drive with it. I'm used to driving high horsepower American made trucks, so for me to actually say this thing has some power means something. Stock stereo is above average for any car, and the trunk is massive. I would recommend this car any day.