2005 Kia Rio Consumer Review: What A Great Deal

2005 Kia Rio - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What A Great Deal
By Noru on

2005 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter for school, only to find out that I really like this car for myself, too bad it's her car and Iím out of luck. I paid $3700 plus tax, tags, title. The price was right because the first owner fails to change the timing belt at 60K miles, and timing belt broke and ruined the original engine. Kia dealer replaced engine and now the car runs like brand new. So donít forget to change timing belt ever 60k miles. The gas mileage is great, am getting between 36-40 on the highway and 27-29 in town. I drive this car like an old man going nowhere in a hurry. I will check out a used 2006 Kia Rio for myself next time I need a car.

Favorite Features

The interior of the car is nice, it has a stable highway and in town ride, the noise level is acceptable for such a small cheap car. This is a very good town car and Iím going to keep it as long as we can. Very reliable so far and everything works on the car. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better window seal to keep wind leaks out, air condition unit will restrain engine power in around town driving, but ok on the highway.