Fairly Happy
By Ricky on
2005 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)
I got this little Rio about a month ago and so far I am pretty happy with it. I feel like I got a great deal on the car and the fact the car was going to be better on gas than my old '91 Dakota. While the fuel consumption on this car isn't too bad, I definitely feel like it could be better. The engine is a bit lethargic for highway driving and the car itself does tend to feel a little "unsafe" doing anything over 60 mph. The interior is bigger than what someone would judge it would be by the outside. Handling is pretty precise and it extremely light! Overall, this car seems dependable and practical so far.
Favorite Features
I appreciate the clean layout of the dashboard and gauges. The car's size and maneuverability is great. Fuel economy has been a solid 24 mpg for me that stayed the same on a 150 mile round trip that was mostly highway. Not too bad but could be better.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the engine was stronger and shifted more precisely. The engine also lags quite a bit when the A/C is on. I also feel like the exterior of the car dents and scratches easily. And why do the windshield wipers make a clicking when they are on the intermittent setting?