Used 2005 Kia Rio Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Rio Sedan

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

What A Great Deal
By Noru

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my daughter for school, only to find out that I really like this car for myself, too bad it's her car and I’m out of luck. I paid $3700 plus tax, tags, title. The price was right because the first owner fails to change the timing belt at 60K miles, and timing belt broke and ruined the original engine. Kia dealer replaced engine and now the car runs like brand new. So don’t forget to change timing belt ever 60k miles. The gas mileage is great, am getting between 36-40 on the highway and 27-29 in town. I drive this car like an old man going nowhere in a hurry. I will check out a used 2006 Kia Rio for myself next time I need a car.

The interior of the car is nice, it has a stable highway and in town ride, the noise level is acceptable for such a small cheap car. This is a very good town car and I’m going to keep it as long as we can. Very reliable so far and everything works on the car. Great gas mileage.

Better window seal to keep wind leaks out, air condition unit will restrain engine power in around town driving, but ok on the highway.

Kazipster
By Homunculus Moonchild

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a Kia Rio Sedan and it is totally awesome. Great on Gas. The interior layout is pretty smooth. I especially enjoy the cup holders in the main console as well as the side door panels. This car zips around. I have a manual transmission because I do not like automatic I enjoy driving I find it to be much more interactive. I would definitely recommend the Rio to any one. I got the auto under $7,000 and it is basically a brand new car with 19k on it.

AC Audio is decent Arm rest totally cool Cup Holders It's Zippiness. Saves on Gas!

Sun Roof Less of a dome top it is kinda bubblish. Maybe an arm rest for the passenger. I show people and they begin looking for theirs. Other than that excellent vehicle for the price and not too shabby looking either.

Fun, Cute, and Reliable
By EJP1978

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a few cars before this one, including a Ford Tempo '91, and a Volvo from 1990. (Volvo is a great car, but old ones become money pits when old parts start wearing out all at once. NOT a cheap vehicle.) The Rio is a great car because of reliability. And of course the number one thing is gas mileage. The 2005 does pretty good, somewhere around 30-32 on highway. (At least for mine.) Even in bad traffic it's not too hard on the gas tank. Unfortunately only months ago it cost about $25-$30 to fill the little Rio's tank, but nowadays it's getting close to $40. Fuel economic or not, America is going to make driving nearly impossible in say six months...

I have a gray interior and I love it. Awesome color combo with the white exterior. I love the rear taillights, they are stylish! And the whole car is designed nicely, it's an adorable vehicle. The stereo is simple and easy to use, and produces some nice sound!

Though the car is quite peppy when running normally (I speed by people all the time on the highway, passing is fun!) , if the A/C is on, a definite lag is noticed. If you "get on" the car, you can maintain your speed, but it's a bit of a pain sometimes. Fuel injectors get dirty too easily.

My Car
By Gail Belling

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this car from my Son when he could not make his payments any longer. This Kia doesn't have air- conditioning which is a horrible problem since I am an older woman. It can be so hot in the car even with the windows rolled down. It's like it can't circulate the air correctly. It's not a car I would have purchased, however, I'm relatively happy to have it due to the Gas Prices. It is nice looking and needs a new radio. I have heard that the transmissions in these cars are questionable and would like some reassurance. I need to know that I will get from Point A to point B without fear of the car falling apart. I don't know much about these cars. These Kia Rio's.

Small Car so it gets good gas mileage which is a plus right now.

Don't sell them with out air conditioning

Great car for a great price.
By autooracle

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great used car buy. Reliable, peppy, quiet and well engineered. Save thousands of of a comparable Honda or Toyota. The manufacturer offers a 10 year 100k mile warranty for those who buy new. That warranty drops to 6/60k powertrain as a pre-owned car.

Fully adjustable drivers seat which is extremely rare in a sub-compact. Variable intermittent wipers.

Gear shift height is to low.