2005 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Lots of bang for the buck!
By chegge on 05/08/05 23:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This little car is a surprisingly great deal. This time you can get something for nothing. It runs great, drives great, is comfortable and is roomier than it looks. We have a car seat, a high back booster, and a low back booster in the back! My 6'3" husband LOVES driving this car. We've got a good family history with this company as well. My parents have an '89 Festiva that is still running fantastic (made by the same company) and a Kia Sephia that they've had for at least 6 years now that still runs perfect. We also have a friend that's had his Kia Rio for a year now and still loves it.

Why would you buy a Hybrid over this
By Mike Omera on 04/29/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I commute from Sacramento to San Francisco 4 days a week. I had been driving a Ford Taurus, and the recent gas prices made me rethink my driving needs. First stop was Toyota. I wanted to get into a hybrid, and save money on fuel. I was not able to find a new one, and the used ones were much more than the list price of new ones. Then it hit me. I can buy a Kia Rio for under $11,000, get 35 mpg, and save thousands of dollars. By my calculations, I would be driving a Prius for over 20 years to save enough money on fuel to cover the difference in cost of the Rio. And that does not include maintenance on the batteries, which no one seems to have an answer for.

I Love My Kia Rio
By Bianca Gunn on 04/20/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the warranty, and to save money on gas. I am very pleased. I have put nearly 1000 miles on it, and am happier with this cute little car than the day I took delivery. Every time I drive it I find something else about it that impresses me. The Rio is comfortable and the interior design well thought out. I love the way the power windows on my Rio raise or lower for thirty seconds after shutting down the engine, I also like the easy to read and access instrument panels. The ride is a little stiff, but seems to be smoothing out with more miles; "road noise" is not so bad that I have to blast the radio; a quiet conversation is also possible. I traded a truck for the KIA.

Great Car
By Rob on 04/14/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For a little car, it is really well built and as a true believer in you get what you pay for, I can honestly say I am very pleased with my 2005 Kia Rio S. It is the most perfect little commuter ever. I love it!

Best Car Ever
By Deuce1988 on 02/23/05 21:29 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Wow, this car is the best thing I have ever driven since my dad's Corvette! It is spacious and it gets great gas mileage. There is no doubt that you should get a car just like the one I have. And at such an affordable price too this cost less than my honeymoon!

KIA OWNER
By JEFF JACKSON on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

RIO DRIVES WELL, HAS AVERAGE TO GOOD PICK UP. THE FUEL MILEAGE IS REAL GOOD. THE FEW LITTLE COMFORTS ARE OUTWEIGHED BY THE COST OF OPERATION.