2005 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Kazipster
By Homunculus Moonchild on 08/20/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a Kia Rio Sedan and it is totally awesome. Great on Gas. The interior layout is pretty smooth. I especially enjoy the cup holders in the main console as well as the side door panels. This car zips around. I have a manual transmission because I do not like automatic I enjoy driving I find it to be much more interactive. I would definitely recommend the Rio to any one. I got the auto under $7,000 and it is basically a brand new car with 19k on it.

Fun, Cute, and Reliable
By EJP1978 on 06/15/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a few cars before this one, including a Ford Tempo '91, and a Volvo from 1990. (Volvo is a great car, but old ones become money pits when old parts start wearing out all at once. NOT a cheap vehicle.) The Rio is a great car because of reliability. And of course the number one thing is gas mileage. The 2005 does pretty good, somewhere around 30-32 on highway. (At least for mine.) Even in bad traffic it's not too hard on the gas tank. Unfortunately only months ago it cost about $25-$30 to fill the little Rio's tank, but nowadays it's getting close to $40. Fuel economic or not, America is going to make driving nearly impossible in say six months...

My Car
By Gail Belling on 05/15/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this car from my Son when he could not make his payments any longer. This Kia doesn't have air- conditioning which is a horrible problem since I am an older woman. It can be so hot in the car even with the windows rolled down. It's like it can't circulate the air correctly. It's not a car I would have purchased, however, I'm relatively happy to have it due to the Gas Prices. It is nice looking and needs a new radio. I have heard that the transmissions in these cars are questionable and would like some reassurance. I need to know that I will get from Point A to point B without fear of the car falling apart. I don't know much about these cars. These Kia Rio's.

Great car for a great price.
By autooracle on 04/18/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great used car buy. Reliable, peppy, quiet and well engineered. Save thousands of of a comparable Honda or Toyota. The manufacturer offers a 10 year 100k mile warranty for those who buy new. That warranty drops to 6/60k powertrain as a pre-owned car.

So far, So good
By So Far, So good on 12/03/05 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2005 Rio new, and now have about 1,500 miles on it. Wanted to see if what I had heard about Kia's quality was for real, and wanted a cheap car to drive.

Mmmmhmmm I love it!
By Klaticia p.t. on 11/14/05 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the stripped down Kia Rio as a "spare car" and I am very glad I did. I got the last brand new 2005 on the lot and paid only $7,000 for it! It has no luxury appointments ... no air, no radio, no automatic transmission. For $79.00 I bought an awesome Aiwa CD receiver and installed it myself in an hour and thanks to the already factory installed speakers it was good to go. The car has excellent pick up. I have heard other people complaining about this but with a 5 speed manual transmission and no air, pick up and gas mileage is outstanding. I would definitely buy another.

Excellent
By Mary Felt on 09/07/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia Rio is an awesome car! It is the second brand new Kia I have purchased, my first being a Kia Sephia. I would purchase Kia in the future.

Happy mom and kids
By Mom of 2 on 09/05/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I was looking for something small enough for me to drive, yet big enough for me and my two kids (5 months and 8 years old). I love my car. My son's car seat fits well in the back seat and my daughter has lots of room. The trunk is large enough to hold my son's humongous stroller and I can still get a good amount of groceries in there too!

My First Kia
By Burtimymus on 07/20/05 22:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Great first time small car; since I've owned it have done over 1000 miles & it hasn't missed a beat. Did not like that I couldn't order a base one from my dealer but the up package I got with A/C made it a better car than I thought it would be. I love this car so far, the only downside I have noticed is I have to turn the overdrive off when going up steep hills, but definitely cannot grumble about the warranty. At the price I paid this car is a steal.

Great Value
By jlangman on 05/22/05 01:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

White 2005 Kia Rio, Automatic, A/C, and sports package. Pros: Low price!, very comfortable, quiet, roomy, handles well, looks nice (even better with tinted windows), lots of trunk space, simple controls, uncluttered engine compartment, sensation of great value. Cons: Poor acceleration (don't pull out in front of any trucks!), only about 311 miles on tank of gas around city (not sure if it can make from LA to Vegas on one tank). No other complaints that I can think of.