Used 2005 Kia Rio Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Beater.
By Tmt2014

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Oh this car. What a hoopty! Got this car as I needed something quick after the timing belt broke on my Subaru Forester. I loved my Forester. This Rio, wow. What a piece. Both O2 sensors needed replacing, mass airflow too. Costly. It has 140,000 miles right now. Can't run the air, the car will die. Has died many times in rush hour Atlanta traffic. I hate this thing. Everything is so basic. It's quite embarrassing. I've owned Nissan, Ford, Hyundai. All were great. Not this. It needs to be put out of its misery.

so far kinda happy
By wondering13

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

my only problem is the rack and pionion (spell check) is having to be redone thank god my dad is a mechanic..but no one can make the 2 lines that the new one doesnt come with..i love this car besides the frustration of getting it fixed. its my only car so its nerve racking...i had a ford taurus and that was a big NO NO...i have spent over 7,000 dollars on it in 3 years..dont buy a taurus..im hoping the kia doesnt need anything else cause im broke.. :( i have replaced a few things but because i wanted to..

Please be aware
By buyerbeware9

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car from the original owner and at first was delighted with car. Kia was in great shape inside and out about 40k miles. Car was maintained according to manufacturer. Took car for oil change to dealer and was told because I was second owner warranty was not transferable so any repairs would be on me. At 74,000k car just stopped dead
no warning. Had car towed to shop..what do ya know the
timing belt broke and destroyed top part of engine. I was never informed of this until after the fact you are to replace the timing belt at or before 60,000 K. Kia said so sorry we can't help you. I have owned many cars from Lexis, Toyota, Honda and American and NEVER had this issue BEWARE !

Easy to fit in parking spaces and decent gas mileage.

Use a better quality timing belt and make sure consumer is very aware of how important it is to replace timing belt at 60,000K or before. Otherwise the result is a disaster money wise....my disaster cost us $1500.00 for the top part of engine........

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
By krol

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia Rio 2005, it's been my first car. I had it now since 2007, I had a couple problems with the axle. But nothing super expensive, or unfix-able plus this is a used car. People tell me it feels like you are in a go car, which i dont mind it actually feels cool! It is comfy and perfect for a petite person. After all there years still works perfect!!!!!!!!!! Oh the gas is good!

Small car, comfy, can fit anywhere, and goes fast!!! Easy to customize and Cute car too!

Don't even think about it...
By aeblanch09

2005 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car for my first car and i am desperately trying to get rid of this thing! Two weeks after i got it, 2 of my belts needed replacing. Not only did the dealer keep it for 3 weeks to "fix it", the day that i got it back the fan stopped working and my car overheated. Needless to say we sent it back to the dealer. They fixed the fan, but ever since then i've been having radiator problems. Constant overheating, had to replace all sensors, etc.. Not worth a penny, but if you do decide to get one make sure you keep a full jug of coolant in your back seat!

I have no likes about this car, the only thing i can say is that it is easy to drive...if it's drivable at that moment.

Stop making this car, it's junk.