2004 Kia Rio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
My four day Kia
By lellee on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2004 bright red Kia Rio about a week ago. Four days after i bought it, it stopped working. it has been in the shop evesince... they cannot figure out what is wrong and they have to contact the company bc they believe there will be more problems on other kias like mine...some parts of the car are cheapy looking plastic but overall it is a nice car. other than the major problems ive had, i love the car... when i get to drive it!

My Kia
By RGreene on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Kia, both the same model. The first was in an accident with an 18 wheel tractor trailer and a guard rail. The car was totaled... demolished and I walked away without a scratch. The divers cage never collapsed even after it flipped over after hitting the guard rail and being hit by the tractor trailer doing at least 65 miles an hour. One heck of a safe vehicle.

excellent car
By baida63 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I really thing this vehicle is a good buy. It is inexpensive and really stretches your dollar. It rides smoother than my fathers much more expensive car. For what you pay you get a lot.

Great Car
By Jane Shorey on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love the Kia Rio. I also own a Kia Sentra and am very very pleased with it. I see no problems with the pick-up and I get excellent gas mileage. It may be the lowest price sedan on the market but it is definitely the best buy on the market. I have previously owned vehicles that were quite expensive and feel that Kia is being misjudged. It is an allover great car. I plan to buy another for my daughter.

Rio Cinco
By Dumb Ass on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Cinco almost two yers ago and have no complaints about the quality. There are some toys I would have like to have had, cruise for one. I get 32 MPG on the highway and 20 plus in town. It zips through the traffic well and handles great. I have always had big crs, caddies, Imperials, maxima, etc and I like this one fine. Suits my purpose and like the gas mileage.

owener
By sueallanmatulis@aol. on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

great little car. excellent for a towing behind motorhome. plenty of pep.great mileage- 31-35 mpg. a fun little car to drive. no problems since new.

Kia: A good little car
By tieghan on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A cute little car that has a suprisingly peppy engine. Great big warranty for a low vehicle price. Comfortable interior especially the front, back is adequate for adults but much better for children. Expanded leg room in the front( more than I had in my Mazda MPV). My gas mileage averages 24 city and 30 highway. Overall great value for the price.

Look at quality not warranty
By Super on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because of big warranty, however the blower blowed out of air after I bought it for five months, and I have to wait for a week for it to be repaired on an average 90F temperature. Can you imagine how it feels like? Also when I tried to trade in this car back to the dealership, the dealership only offered $5000 for the trade in value for a sales price of almost $14000?

A lot for the money
By samwise on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After a lot of searching for an inexpensive and economical car, I feel that the Kia Rio Cinco can not be beat. It turns on a dime, gets 31 mpg, excellent sound system and the A/C is COLD. All around it's a bargain.

Kia Rio -Very Good Value
By geolehman on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love to drive this car. In over a year and a half have had two very minor repairs. Drives and rides like a small, but not tiny, car and gives a pleasing roar if pushed. Suspension, brakes, and power are more than adequate. It is delivering 32-38 mpg on the road at aggressive to gentle driving Overall average is just shy of 30 mpg with a lot of sub-zero winter city driving. The base Rio at $8,000, when discounted, is a better deal even with its undeserved steep depreciation. I had low expectations of a car at this price. However by my experience the Rio is a very solid well put together machine, which delivers more than just basic transportation.