2004 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
I'm in love
By Pebblz on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is exceptional for the price paid and the warranty that goes with it.

Good car for price
By Bill Schwalbach on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car costs just under 10,000. I use it almost completly on the highway, and I have been getting on average 40 mpg. Not the most powerful car, but it will get up to highway speeds just as well as any other car with a 4 cylinder engine. The interior has plenty of little things that don't seem to matter until you have them. It has cup holders you can actually use for more than a can. I'm 6'2" and I fit comfortably inside the car without hitting my head. The gearshift could be set a little farther back though. I have to move my leg when shifting in the low gears. Overall, for the price, and for the amount I save on fuel, it is a great car for the money.

Just so you know
By pixiewannabe on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the cost, I love this car, it does what I need it to do, get me to and from places.

My four day Kia
By lellee on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2004 bright red Kia Rio about a week ago. Four days after i bought it, it stopped working. it has been in the shop evesince... they cannot figure out what is wrong and they have to contact the company bc they believe there will be more problems on other kias like mine...some parts of the car are cheapy looking plastic but overall it is a nice car. other than the major problems ive had, i love the car... when i get to drive it!

excellent car
By baida63 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I really thing this vehicle is a good buy. It is inexpensive and really stretches your dollar. It rides smoother than my fathers much more expensive car. For what you pay you get a lot.

Great Car
By Jane Shorey on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love the Kia Rio. I also own a Kia Sentra and am very very pleased with it. I see no problems with the pick-up and I get excellent gas mileage. It may be the lowest price sedan on the market but it is definitely the best buy on the market. I have previously owned vehicles that were quite expensive and feel that Kia is being misjudged. It is an allover great car. I plan to buy another for my daughter.

owener
By sueallanmatulis@aol. on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

great little car. excellent for a towing behind motorhome. plenty of pep.great mileage- 31-35 mpg. a fun little car to drive. no problems since new.

Kia: A good little car
By tieghan on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A cute little car that has a suprisingly peppy engine. Great big warranty for a low vehicle price. Comfortable interior especially the front, back is adequate for adults but much better for children. Expanded leg room in the front( more than I had in my Mazda MPV). My gas mileage averages 24 city and 30 highway. Overall great value for the price.

Kia Rio -Very Good Value
By geolehman on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love to drive this car. In over a year and a half have had two very minor repairs. Drives and rides like a small, but not tiny, car and gives a pleasing roar if pushed. Suspension, brakes, and power are more than adequate. It is delivering 32-38 mpg on the road at aggressive to gentle driving Overall average is just shy of 30 mpg with a lot of sub-zero winter city driving. The base Rio at $8,000, when discounted, is a better deal even with its undeserved steep depreciation. I had low expectations of a car at this price. However by my experience the Rio is a very solid well put together machine, which delivers more than just basic transportation.

04 Rio
By jessi on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a week ago and just love to drive it, the only thing my vehicle doesn't have is the power locks and I am used to them from my old car.