Used 2004 Kia Rio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

never own another
By kia krap

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Kia for a few months now. The car has no take off. It ran at 4000 rpm going 65 mph then it dropped all 16 valves and blew the pistons into pieces

the cup holders

everything

Buying a used Rio
By Rio Owner

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a used 2004 Rio. Overall it handles beautifully on Highway and city driving, 45 MPH is ideal. On the freeway it is a rough. I live on a hill and it feels like I am driving over ripples when I hit the brakes to slow down. It is a little alarming at first, it feels like a flat tire. I do like the car, it looks nice also and can be found relatively cheap used and with low miles.

Very comfortable for the driver Steering and handling is very fluid on a smooth road. Seems to save as much gas as my old Toyota.

The suspension will be a problem for those who need to drive freeways of old roads frequently.

great buy
By Will Lowe

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for what you pay for it. For what you spend on gas a year, it will pay itself off in 3 years. At 4.55 a gal I pay $32 to fill it up. I get 40 mpg hwy and 32 city. I have 43,000 mile and runs great. Dependable and reliable. There is one thing that is flawed with it design when you drive it make a noise when your on the h. W it whistles when the wind hits it at a certain direction. The A.C. kind of sucks but the climate here in the bay area is nice and cool.

Worse car ever
By littlebluetoad

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in january of 06, it ran fine until june the following year where just randomly the engine died so i spent 3k to get it fixed then on top of that i had the cooling motor die the brakes have been replaced a few times already, and now even after the newer engine its still giving me problems. I am scared to get into my car and drive it every day in fear of it breaking down on me. Also, as others have mentioned, the AC sucks all the power out of the car so in the hot summer you can't always have it on. I feel bad for those i see who just bought a kia rio and are driving it around. Plus the resale value goes down a couple grand right off the lot. it's not worth it at all!!

CD player

the engine, brakes, the a/c the power and the reliability and stability of the car

My little bug
By donald roberts

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think my Kia Rio is a pretty neat, reliable car. If I had a son or daughter I'd feel safe in giving it to either of them for a 19th birthday. It has never given me any mechanical problems to deal with and the gas mileage is pretty good too. However, I think I will trade it in on a Toyota Prius at the end of this year, if I don't buy a new home.

It has good gas mileage, and the body styling isn't bad either.

I think that Kia needs to change the Rio to a hybrid. Hybrids should be the future of automobiles in my opinion.