2004 Kia Rio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
Great little car
By huff3 on 05/19/07 06:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Rio used, had all servicing done. Still under warranty. Had this car on a 1k trip last month. Got anywhere from 29 to 33 mpg. Had no problems at all. I have just had 60 k service done, new timing belt, etc. This must be done on time for 4 cylinder engines. This Rio is very reliable, uses no oil, is easy to park, has an adjustable driver’s seat (helps on long trips). Best thing about this car is the warranty. It is much longer than US cars and the service department never gives me a hard time. Better yet is gas mileage.

Enough Car for the Road
By Light foot on 10/20/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only beef is that if you happen to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a burned out tail light, and eager to replace it before you get back on the highway, don't rely on the owner's manual for proper instructions to replace it. Even the dealer's tech had difficulty. The company needs to send every owner an addendum that truly instructs on how to replace a tail light. Otherwise you will be one frustrated driver and prone to a police stop. The existing manual has only two instructions. The second one is "Carefully remove the tail light assembly from the body." Duh!

No Complaints here
By TheDrake on 06/28/06 12:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Rio in March of 2004 and I love it to bits. I have no complaints and I think I will always own a KIA. They have impressed me with there service and I love my car.

This car NOT OKia
By carl on 03/11/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely disappointed in the car, have made 7 trips to the dealer for warranty service on a wind noise, door handle operation, transmission has been replaced twice within 24,000 miles and the car is way underpowered and loses speed rapidly when going up any even slight incline. God forbid you are running the air conditioner as it sucks the remaining horsepower right out of the engine and the engine runs extremely rough with the A/C compressor engaged. Great that there is a 100,000 mile warranty, but believe me you have to use it all the time! Dealership service mechanics are also incompetent.

Good Commuter Car, Got it a Great Price
By pslims on 01/13/05 14:47 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2004 Rio last month. I was looking for a commuter car to drive about 20-30 minutes on the highway to work. So far I am pleased with the car. It was manual transmission (the automatic drove horrible) and manual windows, locks, no ABS, no stereo. Overall, I am happy with the car as a commuter car. I probably would not have bought this car but for the price I paid, it was definitely worth it.

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly...
By Single Mom w/2 teens on 12/26/04 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My car is only two months *new*. I have a 4-door sedan, automatic, air- cond., am/fm/cd and the 'upgrade pkg.' but no power windows/doorlocks. A bit hard getting used to NOT having those in a car but I can live without it. There is plenty of interior space for those sitting up front, however, those sitting in back have relatively NO LEG ROOM. Door handles etc. inside are obviously cheap plastic and somewhat ugly though functional. Engine needs more power, especially driving uphill on freeways as well as simply trying to pick up speed to merge onto a freeway or to pass other vehicles. Fuel economy is great! Overall decent and driveable car for the price.

Excellent Car
By Denise711 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new 2004 Rio. It is fun to drive and very comfortable. I like it also because with the rising gas prices it still doesn't cost much to fill up the tank. My car get's good gas milelage. I like the way it looks and even though it may look small it is very roomy.It also has a good stereo with a cd player. It is a very smooth driving car at a good price and I woudn't trade it for any other car.

Finilly Got It--Wish I Never Did
By Jebediah on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It took me 2 years to save up, but I finally purchased me a new car. I bought a 2004 Kia Rio. Mine is red. This car is alright, but it doesn't work too well, and they have been trying to fix it. I can't keep paying for repairs, I don't have a whole lot of money. This thing is decent looking, but I think the interior is crappy. It is really cheap and plasticity looking. They need to make them look fanicer, like one of them BMW er Merecedes or somethihgn.

KRio04
By BijouB on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a new Kia Rio 4 door automatic. So far so good.

Rio
By mickshapiro on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's been great so far! Milage, comfort, design, all very good.I've owned concordes and intrepids that had the luxury upgrades that seem to have more problems AND the warranty was not as good!