2004 Kia Rio Wagon Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Rio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:
155,000 miles and still running
By midwest on 08/04/09 11:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I commute appox 120 (highway) miles each day in the Midwest (extreme weather, including snow, 100 degree and below zero degree weather days) using this car. I currently have 155K miles on the car. I regularly change the oil (synthetic blend after 100K) and get the belts (timing) replaced every 60K miles. Just this year I have experienced some looseness in using 1st gear (manual transmission). My goal is to get 200K miles out of the car.

A Great Little Car!
By armyboy404 on 10/12/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cinco for 6 months now and it has been GREAT! I live in metro Atlanta so driving is a way of life around here. My Cinco handles wonderfully. I've also done long distance driving and it was very comfortable.

Very Happy with Cinco Wagon
By Bear on 12/11/04 07:24 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an excellent car for the 28,000 miles that I have put on it.

Great little car
By stanley p tibbs on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very good little car . I have had absolutely no problems with this car . I've put over 18000 miles on this car in less than a year. The gas mileage has been as high as 41 mpg, never below 33 mpg.For a low price car ,you just can't beat this little car.

Kia Good and Bad
By Elmer Wood on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My only complaints is the paint is thin and scratches just looking at it-----It shimmies at 60-65 and can't be fixed

03 cinco
By rocshaafl on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

the car has some major rattleing problems with the back hatch and the cobby hold next to the overhead lights

Love It!
By Old-Chick on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchase a 2004 Rio Cinco wagon and absolutely love it!! It is comfortable to drive, responds well, gets good gas mileage (better when A/C is off), the instrument panel is well- placed. It could be a little faster on take-off, but I can live with that. I absolutely love my Cinco - and I have always driven larger cars. I'd definitely recommend this one!

My Kia
By RGreene on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Kia, both the same model. The first was in an accident with an 18 wheel tractor trailer and a guard rail. The car was totaled... demolished and I walked away without a scratch. The divers cage never collapsed even after it flipped over after hitting the guard rail and being hit by the tractor trailer doing at least 65 miles an hour. One heck of a safe vehicle.

Rio Cinco
By Dumb Ass on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Cinco almost two yers ago and have no complaints about the quality. There are some toys I would have like to have had, cruise for one. I get 32 MPG on the highway and 20 plus in town. It zips through the traffic well and handles great. I have always had big crs, caddies, Imperials, maxima, etc and I like this one fine. Suits my purpose and like the gas mileage.

Look at quality not warranty
By Super on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Rio Wagon Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because of big warranty, however the blower blowed out of air after I bought it for five months, and I have to wait for a week for it to be repaired on an average 90F temperature. Can you imagine how it feels like? Also when I tried to trade in this car back to the dealership, the dealership only offered $5000 for the trade in value for a sales price of almost $14000?