2002 Rio Wagon
By mako787 on
2002 Kia Rio Cinco 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I just purchased a Cinco wagon in January with 106,000 miles on it. It was in excellent condition and I hoped to get a reliable car that was cheap to drive and maintain. I had an older Buick that had cost me a fortune and the engine was knocking so bad I was afraid it was going to throw a rod in my driveway. So far this Kia has been reliable except for the check engine light coming on abut five times now. First it was the O2 sensors that had already been changed out but I had to get another one anyway and then it was the gas cap. Now it came on again and I have no idea what it is this time. The car is noisy and has little power with the AC running.
Favorite Features
The gas milage has run about 30 to 33 mpg city and highway. I was a little disappointed in that I was hoping for 35-40. The car is fun to drive and very easy to park and get thru small spaces. I really like the car and hope I did not get a lemon again like my Buick was. Luckily my mechanic does not charge for the check engine light checks or else I would already be broke.