2014 Kia Optima Consumer Review: My second turbo Optima, and st

2014 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

My second turbo Optima, and still love it
By easy123 on

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased a 2011 turbo and thought the car was great. I only had a few small nits to pick and it was like the engineers were listening to me since the 2014 model addressed virtually all my issues. Steering wheel lights up brighter, ride is more controlled, sound deadening improved. Economy and performance still top notch. Seats more comfy, and back-up camera very slick. It makes if virtually impossible to seriously find another car with the value for the money. Tried Audi, Fusion. A4 Audi was slick, but if equipped like the Optima, it was over $41K...not a good deal. I highly recommend the Optima.

Compared to my previous 2011 Optima Turbo... More brightly lit steering wheel controls. Better seats. Quieter. Lighter steering at parking lot speeds. New info screen for vehicle status, mileage meter. Back up camera. Compared to Fusion... Fusion controls -MyFord touch and different adjustments confusingly poor. Higher cost. Less ride comfort. Just not for me.. Compared to A4... Audi very nice, not as attractive exterior. Much higher cost. 4 wheel drive option nice. Optima is a better value

Would be nice to have the same seat heaters as the 2011 had. They would heat much hotter than the 2014. Wife would appreciate that. Would be nice if Kia continued to work on the road feel of the steering, the on center feel, to be more like an Audi or even Mazda feel, both of which I think are outstanding.