Used 2014 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

A SPORTY LUXURY CAR
By Anna Hill

2014 Kia Optima EX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are looking for a vehicle with all the bells & whistles PLUS a sporty feel & exterior profile....this is the car for you! Once you test drive it you will be in love with it. Heated & cooled front seats are a wonderful feature for Texas weather. Never owned a hybrid before & Kia made me a believer. I will continue to own hybrid vehicles in the future.

Our 2014 Optima LX
By Donald C. McHenry

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned our 2014 Optima LX for over a year now. over all, we are happy with the car. Plenty of power, good cornering, nice ride, very sharp design.
The front passenger seat is very low. I had to buy a cushion for my wife. The back seats are a bit low also. The steering could be a bit firmer. We have the car in for service now with a coolant leak. This is our first Kia so we will see about the reliability. It is fun to drive so I hope it is a keeper.

The Optima does have a sport sedan feel to it and it handles better than many of the midsize sedans that we test drove. The looks of the car attracted us also. The interior materials are quite good also. Our mpg has been good with about 25 in town and 35 on trips.

Higher back seats and front passenger seat Firmer power steering.

Optima SXL 1yr review
By Sergey Petrovich

2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the loaded Optima SXL a year ago for 32k after rebates. The car so far has been a pleasure to own - spacious trunk, soft ride, comfy seats, quiet interior. However, there are some downsides. First of all, the mileage on the turbo is terrible. I drive mostly in the city, and I get 15mpg on average in normal mode. Tried putting it in Eco, but the car becomes completely unresponsive and dangerous. Second, the moonroof takes a lot of space: I'm 5'10 and I repeatedly hit my head on the roof when going over bumps. Finally, Pandora integration is terrible compared to Mazda and Accord. Overall, it's a decent car for the money, but I wish I've gotten Optima Hybrid or new Sonata Eco instead.

The car is packed with enough features to rival luxury brands - ventilated seats, cross traffic alert, HID lights, etc. Soft ride, quiet interior, spacious trunk.

Eco mode is rubbish - the car feels slow and completely unresponsive. UVO system has terrible Pandora integration compared to Mazda and Accord. Mileage leaves much to be desired. Moonroof takes too much space.

Best car around for the price
By b1g_stew

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Working in the car business I see a lot of different cars and my SX Turbo Optima is the best car I have ever seen or owned hands down! I got the Corsa Blue that stands out. I can't tell you how many times I have been stopped and asked what kind of car I drive! The turbo is so fast I'm suprised I haven't gotten any tickets yet! For the money you turely can't beat it!

Everything! From all the options (Heated & Cooled seats, Panoramic Roof, Heated back seats, push button start, back-up camera, the ease of voice commands/bluetooth, and the infinity speakers) to the styling inside and out

The only issues are really minor things. I had to change the foglights to LEDs because they didn't match the Xenon headlights, wish they came standard with remote start. The steering is a little lethargic and the tires only last 25K miles.

2014 Optima LX
By merimac

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned our Optima LX for almost a year now. We are very happy with the car. We like the design, the sporty feel when driving it, and so far we have had no problems.
We were amazed that the car could be purchased for about 20K. Other midsized cars we looked at were 3 or 4 grand more.
Overall, a very good car at a very reasonable price.
The long warranty was also a factor in our purchase.

The small turning circle sharp design Enough power to get you out of tight spots Reasonable mpg. We get about 25 in town, and 35 on the road. Large trunk comfortable and fun to drive.

The front passenger seat is very low. I had to buy a cushion to bring it up. I would like to see a firmer power steering feel on the wheel.