2014 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Great car for the price
By dover157 on 08/06/14 15:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had my 14 Optima LX with the convenience package for a month now and I still smile every time I sit in it. Was not looking to buy a mid size sedan but loved it as soon as I took the first test drive. Steering could be a little stiffer and provide a bit of feedback, and the front passenger seat is way to low without the power upgrade. Have a couple of friends who don't like not being able to see over the dashboard when riding with me. Mileage could be better, but for a mid size car with a trunk I could sleep in its not bad at all. Over all a great car for the price when I walk up to it in a parking lot I still cant believe its a KIA.

It's got its pros and cons.
By tylorness88 on 07/22/14 22:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Optima in late May of this year and have been in love with it ever since. I went with an LX model but opted to get the convenience package for the back up camera. With any car though here will be issues and the 2014 Optima has a big steering issue. Everyone I talk with agrees that they don't have control of their car at high speeds and that the slightest correction to the steering grows the car too fast and far to the other side of the lane. I'm also not a huge fan of the grey and beige options as well as the gas mileage.

Awesome car for the money
By dumrman on 05/26/14 13:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my wife's driver. We have had several BMYW 7's, Jaguar XJ's, and two Audi A6's. At one third the price this thing gives them all a run for the money IMHO. I am a guy that has bought eight new Porsches and i am amazed that Kia can make a car of this quality and deliver it at that price. At this price point, it is definitely the best car out there.

My second turbo Optima, and still love it
By easy123 on 01/20/14 14:13 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased a 2011 turbo and thought the car was great. I only had a few small nits to pick and it was like the engineers were listening to me since the 2014 model addressed virtually all my issues. Steering wheel lights up brighter, ride is more controlled, sound deadening improved. Economy and performance still top notch. Seats more comfy, and back-up camera very slick. It makes if virtually impossible to seriously find another car with the value for the money. Tried Audi, Fusion. A4 Audi was slick, but if equipped like the Optima, it was over $41K...not a good deal. I highly recommend the Optima.

What a great car!!
By vento84 on 12/29/13 09:57 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Optima SXL Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 14 optima sxl and I love it. If you are looking for a car around 40,000 definitely look at Kia. It drives beautifully the turbo is a must! Ok fuel economy .

Can't believe the quality for the price
By admiralrich on 11/15/13 07:14 AM (PST)

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Going on one month now for the 2014 LX. The car is half the price of the Lexus I used to own and the ride is better, its quieter, the 4 cyl gives me all the power I can use not to mention the gas mileage, warranty, all in a beautiful car. I cannot believe they build this great car for the low price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Kia Optima in VA is:

$161 per month*