You don't get a jack or spare tire!!!
By racorbett on
2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I just bought a new Kia on Saturday and looking in the truck, there was no spare tire or jack. Dealer did not tell me at sale that no jack or spared came with the car. I found out by looking in the trunk yesterday. I call Kia and they confirm that car does not come with jack or spare. Just a puny tire pump and sealant kit. That is crap. If I had know it didn't come with one, I would either have negotiated or paid the approximate $250.00 for it. Anyway, has to take time out to go back to dealer for it, some 1-1/2 hours wasted. I guess Kia doesn't care that customers may find out the hard way. This situation made what appeared to be a good experience a lousy one.
Suggested Improvements
Put a spare tire and jack in at the factory and include in the price. Even though the car seems good, I would probably not recommend others to buy, unless they think a new car does not need a jack and spare and paying extra for it is ok.
By altair47
on 10/02/12 05:30 AM (PDT)

Same thing happened to me. If I had driven one of these cars for a few miles I would never have bought it. Guess I'm stuck with it for a few years. KIA won't have me as a repeat buyer next time!

By altair47
on 10/02/12 05:31 AM (PDT)

PS found lots of little annoying things lacking on this car.

By lj3636
on 11/19/14 05:30 AM (PST)

I purchased a 2013 Kia Optima SX. We loved the look and I purchased all the option, the extended warranty, the XZILON pkg (to find out later that does not work on the rims we had) which Kia took care of BUT driving last night two hours away from home and the tire light goes on and no spare!!! 20 degrees outside and I had to drive on this flat to goodyear tire shop and they tell me the rim is dented and they have no tire to fit my car! I purchase a $35,000 car and no Spare!! No option to buy that security but everything else? That is Crazy!!!!! And I called KIA at 5:15pm and service is closed!

By larry134
on 10/09/12 05:33 AM (PDT)

Like what?