2013 KIA Optima SX after 12000 Miles
By achero1 on
2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
This is a follow up review on my KIA Optima SX after 12000 miles. I purchased my 2013 Optima SX in July of 2013 new after trading out of an Infiniti M35X. The Optima has been a great car. I still can't get over how great the car looks. I commute 80 miles a day round trip to work. After 6 months I have 12000 miles on my Optima. The only issue I have had is the gasket around the moon roof which was replaced by the dealer. I have been averaging with the turbo and running high test (my choice,) on the average 25 miles per-gallon. That is apox. 425 miles on a tank of gas.Living in NH and commuting to Mass the Optima is pretty decent in the snow. Great car all around.
Favorite Features
favorite features are: 4 heated seats, infiniti stereo, 18 inch low profile tires, vented front seats, fit and finish both interior and exterior, UVO system, 2.0 Liter turbo, memory seats, great warranty. KIA has provided great service especially from the dealership (TEAM KIA in Concord NH-Alan and Jonathan are exceptional)
Suggested Improvements
I don't understand why KIA hasn't made the passenger seat height adjustable. Passengers complain the seats sits on the low side. Even on the new cadenza the passenger seat has no adjustments for the height. Rear center seat I would like to have a headrest. Not just KIA but many car companies are no longer putting spare tires in there cars. It's an option.
By achero1
on 06/11/14 20:53 PM (PDT)

I currently have had my 2013 Optima SX for 1 year with 19000 miles. The optima is a wonderful car. After a very long NH winter, the Optima was fine in the snow. I am currently averaging between 26 to 28 miles per-gallon. The car drives and handles very well. I still love how the Optima looks, all in all Peter Schriver did an amazing job with the design of the optima. The quirks I have is the passenger seat you can't adjust the height. If you're on the short side, its hard to look out over the hood. One very annoying issue is the blue tooth. For some reason when the phone rings into the car through the stereo, the volume is raised very high. When your phone rings ,its this god awful ring tone that there isn't an option to change the ring tone. I talked to the dealer service person about this, there is nothing they can do about the ringing tone. Even if I get into the car and adjust the volume of the phone with the blue tooth to default the ringing is deafening. On the positive side, after one year the only issue was a gasket the sound roof , which was quickly resolved. As a result KIA gave me 3 years of free maintenance as compensation. The car is as solid as the day i purchased it. ANyone who is looking to buy a Honda or Toyota I always have them drive my optima. Nothing comes close.