2013 Kia Optima Consumer Review: Engine Problem

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Engine Problem
By sms3613 on

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So i bought my 2013 Kia Opitma in October of 2013 and I just had to replace my engine this month. Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt diagnose the problem. Finally went to a dealer that could and they told me I needed a new engine. The car isnt even 6 months old and has about 10000 miles on it. Its a great looking car and fun to drive on the weekends. Customer service could be a lot better and helpful.

Navigation, Sunroof, Seats, Trunk space

Better quality control and better parts.
By legacys7
on 06/01/14 18:32 PM (PDT)

Yikes! What was wrong with the engibe where they were able to conclude that you needed another engine? I was looking at a 2014 turbo today, but the seller was trying to sell me the 2013 turbo. Nice looking car inside and out. But the down payment that they wanted for a 32,000 car was sad. 9000.00 dollars down? Get real.

By camen11
on 11/28/14 11:28 AM (PST)

We purchased our Optima in 2012, a certifed preowned 2011 optima. Now two years later we have to replace our engine. Kia warranty wont cover the repair claiming they dont have full maintenance history of the vehicle since manufactured year. WE provided all of our maintenance history for every oil change for two years. They say theres no record of maintenance from 2011-2012. We bought it preowned with a 20 point inspection from the kia dealer in 2012. So KIA is saying they wont repair even though the missing info was the fault of the dealer and sold the car under false pretense that it passed their 20 point inspection when it actually didnt. Kia says they cant take the responsibility of the independent dealer. Kia is Kia no matter who sells it. Thats most customers view.