Loving my Optima so far.
By dps1961 on
2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I haven't bought a new car since 1982 but after the repair bills on my last two BMW's, I decided to go this route. The BMW repair center I used was close to work so I parked it and walked past the KIA dealership to work. I kept looking at the Optima's as I walked by and thought they were beautiful sedans. After my last $850 repair bill I decided to give them a test drive. I didn't expect them to drive and ride as well as my 545i, and they didn't, but I was happily surprised at how well it did perform. I have been averaging over 35 mpg on the highway so I am very happy. I also enjoy the fact I can use regular gasoline instead of the premium that I had to use in my BMW.
Favorite Features
I like that I have the USB port that I can use to copy my favorite songs to the hard drive. I also enjoy the UVO system. The panoramic sunroof is also something I enjoy very much. Love the back up camera also.
Suggested Improvements
I did order a spare tire kit for my car. If I had known they did not come with a spare tire kit I would have held out for this feature before making the deal. I also do not like the tilt of the headrest on the driver and passenger seats. I have them all the way back and they still feel like they are tilted too far forward. I do understand this was due to a new requirement for new vehicles due to increased safety standards in the industry.